SimaPro - Life Cycle SoftwareTraining
PRé Consultants and its global partner network organize regular trainings worldwide, combining theory with the practical use of SimaPro, the world’s leading life cycle software.
We offer regular LCA and SimaPro training courses ranging from introductory to advanced training. Our courses are held in the city center of Amsterdam, The Netherlands. SimaPro courses are also offered by our global partner network. Please see the training calendar for SimaPro courses worldwide. We also provide you with expert knowledge and guidance to undertake your own LCA study with our LCA review package.
This 2 day course provides participants with a good understanding of the life cycle assessment methodology and basic theory as well as insight on how to implement an LCA with SimaPro. Tutorials provide hands on experience with SimaPro in areas such as inventory analysis, modelling and impact assessment.
- Getting acquainted with LCA: what the world is doing.
- Getting started with LCA: goal and scope definition.
- Inventory analysis: data collection strategies, selecting and using generic life cycle inventory databases.
- Managing data in SimaPro: libraries and projects.
- Modelling life cycles: how to model processes, product stages, waste scenarios and life cycles.
- Impact Assessment: how to select an appropriate method and how to apply this in SimaPro.
- Interpretation: how to interpret and present your results in an accessible way.
This course is an optional one day training which can only be done in combination with our 2 day course. This course is suitable for users who wish to learn more about complex modeling and the advanced features of SimaPro.
- Complex modelling: how to use disassemblies, disposal scenarios, reuse, and additional life cycles.
- Parameters: how to use parameters for advanced sensitivity analysis.
- Data management: how to clean your project, create libraries and import and export data.
- Adapt methods: how to adapt an impact assessment method.
We can organise trainings on LCA and/or SimaPro at your organisation. Courses can be tailored to your individual needs, allowing you to focus on the issues most relevant to your organisation.
The 10 Hours support package guides you through your first life cycle assessment study. Our LCA experts will give you feedback on your goal and scope definition, review your life cycle inventory data for completeness, consistency and errors, and help you interpret the results. This 10 hour support package is only valid in combination with a SimaPro training registration.