Summer Course on European Environmental Law
Objective This five-day summer course will provide a thorough introduction to EU environmental law. Lectures coupled with case studies, workshop and quiz sessions will offer a comprehensive overview of EU environmental legislation and policy as well as of CJEU case law.
- Origins, principles and sources of EU environmental law
- EU environmental law-making
- Implementation and enforcement of EU environmental law
- Public participatory rights
- Substantive legislation: nature and species protection, water protection, air pollution, waste management, climate change and energy law
- Cross-cutting topics: environmental impact assessment, industrial emissions directive, environmental liability, procedural rights
- Workshop and case-study analysis on various topics
Who should attend?
Lawyers in private practice, regulatory authorities and public administration seeking a solid introduction to European environmental law.