Supervisor Refresher Program
OSHA regulations (29 CFR 1910.120(e)(4) require that on-site management and supervisors directly responsible for, or who supervise employees engaged in, hazardous waste operations, receive at least eight additional hours of specialized training at the time of job assignment on such topics as, but not limited to, the employer's safety and health program and the associated employee training program, personal protective equipment program, spill containment program, and health hazard monitoring procedure and techniques. This program is designed for supervisors who have been through the initial supervisor training and who need their annual refresher.
- Concise, real-world information and scenarios with the emphasis on useable knowledge that the supervisor can utilize in the field. This course is designed by professionals to educate the supervisor in safety management, not just enable them to pass a test.
- Easily understood and user-friendly format that the supervisor can sit through in a single day, or take at his or her own pace over a number of weeks.
- Hyperlinks to definitions and acronyms throughout to help eliminate confusion. These allow less explanation of more commonly known terms and ideas so that the more advanced student-supervisor can more quickly move through the pro-gram.
- Real-world 'tips' at the end of each module which are meaningful to the supervisor in his or her present job.
- Practice questions at the end of each module which give immediate feedback to the student-supervisor on his or her understanding of the subject.
- Continuous clock which logs training time and menu which tracks coursework completed.
- An integrated e-mail system that connects each student-supervisor with our qualified instructors who work every day in the industry. Each and every ques-tion will be routed to either a Certified Industrial Hygienist or a Certified Safety Professional, depending upon the question's content. A response is usually provided within one business day.
- After the curriculum has been completed and the student-supervisor answers the practice questions at the end of each module, a final exam will be administered. 80% of the exam questions are taken directly from the study questions at the end of each module. The remaining 20% are taken from information given within the text of the course modules. The student-supervisor must score at least 70% on the final exam to receive a certificate of completion and wallet card.
- Once the supervisor has successfully completed the written exam, he or she will immediately be issued an electronic certificate which can be downloaded. A 'hard-copy' certificate suitable for framing and full-color 'credit-card' quality, custom wallet card will be produced and mailed usually within two business days from successful completion of the exam. Should the student fail the exam, he or she can re-take the exam as soon as desired after a brief review of the subject matter. Each issue of the exam is different.