Sustainability 101 (E-Learning) Course
What is sustainability? How do you define it? If you struggle with explaining 'sustainability' to colleagues or friends, this is an ideal starting point. Understand an integrating framework for sustainability and certify your sustainability skills though this e-learning course. Sustainability 101™ takes approximately sixty-to-eighty five minutes to complete (depending on the learner's pace). It is the logical starting point for creating a foundation for your credibility in sustainability.
Green Core Competency : Sustainability 101
Duration : 60 to 85 minutes
Location : ON-LINE Education
Course Name, Code & Description :
- Outline the evidence for our current sustainability crisis, and describe this using a powerful metaphor.
- Describe the process of backcasting, justify the key role of systems thinking, and outline the basic scientific principles that underlie the concept of sustainability.
- Define the four basic principles for sustainability and use them to analyze actions from a sustainability perspective.
- Outline an 'ABCD' process for strategic planning and decision-making toward sustainability.
- Show how various tools and approaches for sustainable development relate to one another.
Who Should Attend : Anyone wanting to know how to define and explain sustainability.
Module Price: $98 plus HST
Sustainability Learning Centre - Continuing Education Units (contact hours) :
Completion of this module and the on-line quiz provides 1 units toward a Certificate of Sustainability Education. A personalized certificate is generated at the completion of the quiz.
The exam is a ten-question quiz that reinforces the course learning. A grade of 70% is required to 'pass' the course and receive a certificate of achievement. Learners can take the quiz multiple times to get the highest grade possible. It is hosted on a separate page so that learners can review the course content while writing the exam.