SW101 - Sustainability - Step by Natural Step
A comprehensive course on sustainability divided into three distinct modules and an extensive resource section.
Course Code : SW101
Dates Offered : On Line Anytime
Duration : 3 to 4 hours
Start and End Time : On Line Anytime
Location : On Line
Learning Objectives : Participants who successfully complete the course will be able to meet the following learning objectives:
- Outline the evidence for our current sustainability crisis, and describe this using a powerful metaphor.
- Show, using examples, the strategic benefits enjoyed by organizations and communities who are proactive about sustainability.
- Describe the process of backcasting, justify the key role of systems thinking, and outline the basic scientific principles that underlie the Natural Step Framework.
- Define the four basic principles for sustainability (the four 'System Conditions'), describe the mechanisms that led to their definition, and use them to analyze actions from a sustainability perspective.
- Outline an 'ABCD' process for strategic planning and decision-making toward sustainability.
- Show how various tools and approaches for sustainable development relate to one another.
Trainer and Subject Matter Expert : Natural Step
Register Link : http://www.naturalstep.org/en/course-features
Who Should Attend : Anyone wanting an overview of the principles of sustainability. Based on the Natural Step Framework.
Course Price : $ 98 CDN
Sustainability Learning Centre - Continuing Education Units (contact hours) : This is not a Sustainability Learning Centre Course. Please contact the course provider directly.