Teaching & Training
CIDT has a long history of offering training and courses for capacity strengthening to a range of international development sectors and specialisms. We offer both face-to-face training workshops and online learning programmes. Being based within a UK University enables us to ensure our courses are relevant at a practical and theoretical level.
Our professional and organisational development courses cover a wide variety of management, technical and skills training across a range of international development functions. They have been delivered to Governments, Donors, UN agencies, development banks and to the staff and stakeholders of projects and programmes.
You can view details of our courses in our Course Directory. We also offer online courses, through the creation of bespoke online courses for organisations, as well as access to our CIDT’s own online courses. We are able to deliver courses in English, French and Spanish.
We aim to make our courses and workshops as relevant to your organisation and sector as possible. For this reason the first step we take with our partners is often to undertake a training needs assessment, to enable us to understand your position and what your trainees or staff need.
- Conducing training needs assessment (TNA) and analysis.
- Designing tailor-made professional development courses and delivering short face-to-face training courses and workshops.
- Developing and hosting online training programmes.
- Organising and facilitating working sessions, high-level meetings and other participatory analysis or planning processes.
- Hosting study visits, technical placements/secondments, on-the-job training, and tailored professional development programmes for clients at our UK Campus.