IOSTC has combined the power of interactive technology and years of experience in environmental education and training to develop state-of-art cost effective E-Learning training solutions for oil spill response and management. In addition to our training applications, we work with our clients to define their training needs and develop appropriate training courses including classroom, interactive, and field training. IOSTC also develops training management systems to facilitate and enhance environmental management and by so doing improve both efficiency and safety.
- Training course and workshops - Our team has conducted and organized training and response exercises for government agencies and industries around the world. In addition we have developed a joint program with Capilano University of North Vancouver, BC 'Oil Spill Management Program'.
- E-Learing courses - In addition to our on-line training courses, we developed customized training based on our clients specific work environment and needs. We have customized our Basics of Oil Spill Training to include specific oil spill contingency plans
- Consistent delivery of information.
- Cost effective solution - significant savings over instructor-led, face-to-face training at different locations by reducing costs such as travel, meals and lodging. This method also reduces costs related to training administrative and management support by automatically measuring and recording various data relevant to the progress of trainees. Click here to compare the costs of traditional classroom training to interactive training.
- Higher learning absorption rate - the training modules use interactive feedback, hence improved comprehension and retention of knowledge.
- Broader range of information is provided in an easy to learn animated format.
- Availability of training seven days per week, 24 hours per day at the user’s fingertips.
- Testing/Scoring - Feedback is immediate with the training modules.
- Instant update and information delivery on new products.
- Self-paced Training - users can move through the lessons at their own pace. Reviewing forgotten or unclear material is just a matter of clicking on the 'topic' or 'menu' button.
- Self-directed Training - allowing trainees to choose content appropriate to their differing interests, needs, and skill levels.
- Customization - IOSTC training applications are designed as a modular structure to allow simple cost effective customization.
- Train-The-Trainer - IOSTC training applications are designed as Train-the-Trainer kits, providing instructors with powerful tools to customize the training for specific requirements and integrating other training tools and presentations.
- Innovation - IOSTC training applications have been developed to provide a flexible approach to oil spill response training. Courses can be used by an individual or can be set up to provide a standard company-wide training program. The individual user is assigned a unique password so that only that person can access their individual training file.
- Quality - IOSTC training materials have been prepared by internationally recognized leaders in oil spill response training who have conducted many hundreds of courses worldwide.
- User Flexibility - Users can take the course at one session or can progress on a step-by-step basis through the individual modules and spread the training over a period of time.
- Certification - The Knowledge Test can be taken over the Internet to obtain a Course Completion Certificate. This test can be configured so that one individual can participate as part of a standardized company-wide certification program.
- Adaptation - The contents of the training course can be tailored to meet the requirements of a specific location or type of operation such as offshore operations, onshore operations, marine oil spills, or river oil spills.