Underground Storage Tank (UST) Management
Course Overview: This two (2) hour course provides each student with a detailed analysis of the US laws & regulations applicable to Underground Storage Tanks (UST), specifically those regarding USTs with the potential to leak hazardous substances into the environment. This course is designed to familiarize each student with the wide array of regulated USTs, and the technical and financial requirements that apply to them. The course also focuses on petroleum equipment, rules and responsibility of facility, and best management practice in case of leak or release.
- Understanding and defining UST systems.
- Identify which USTs are subject to regulation.
- Determine performance and operating requirements.
- Discuss such topics as historical deadlines for upgrading tanks and the closure and corrective action requirements.
- Summarize the financial responsibility requirements for petroleum USTs.
- Perform Best Management practice.
- Understand the guidelines for Inspecting and Detecting a leak or release.
2 hours. Asynchronous WBT course, which means you can finish the course at your own pace. 2 months completion time. Extensions allowed.
Online Learning Format (Web-based).