Understanding ISO/IEC 17065
This course will use lecture and discussion to help attendees become familiar with and understand the newly published standard, ISO/IEC 17065 - Requirements for bodies certifying products, processes and services. This course will prepare you to make a smooth transition from ISO Guide 65 to the new ISO/IEC 17065 international standard. This course is relevant to any individual who manages certification schemes, participates in the operation of a product, process or certification scheme, or assesses against the requirements of ISO/IEC 17065 (formerly ISO Guide 65).
Over the course of two days, attendees will learn the structural components of the standard and will develop their understanding of the requirements themselves. Understanding what the standard’s requirements actually mean is essential to their effective implementation within an organization.
- Background and Principles of Certification
- Technical Requirements
- Certification Process Overview
- Safeguarding Integrity in Certification
- Organization and Structure of a Certification Body
- Certification Body Resources
- Management System Requirements