Aim: A course for Engineering staff who require the knowledge & understanding required to successfully conduct the installation of a product using HDD equipment.
To provide participants with knowledge & practical appreciation in order that HDD operations can be environmentally & safely carried out.
The course is designed to highlight the current trends in HDD operations through a series of lectures & practical exercises, which are supported by graphics & videos
- Overview trenchless Technology (HDD)
- Relevant H&S aspects of HDD
- Evaluation of site conditions & risk assessment requirements
- Selection of HDD equipment - ground conditions
- Interpretation of site plans
- Location of underground apparatus
- Safe use of pneumatic systems
- Drilling fluid selection- ground conditions
- Future developments
- Daily inspection and maintenance of trenchless equipment
- Environmental concerns including recycling of drilling fluids
- Installation of product pipe or duct
- Transmitter Sondes
- pilot bore installation - pressures etc.
- Back reaming - volume of mud and pressures
- Connections to the product pipe
- Case studies
Successful candidates will be issued with a City & Guilds certificate of achievement which could be used as a means of measuring competence fo any safety or technical CPD process & certification can be used a evidence towards a full QCF award, certificate or diploma in the future.
Candidates are required to bring full PPE due to the practical nature of this event.
Practical & written assessment will be carried out
Duration: 2 day (09:00-17:00)
City and Guilds