Use of Impact Moling Equipment (Operatives) Course
Aim: A course for operatives who require the knowledge & understanding required to successfully conduct the installation of a product using impact moling
To provide participants with knowledge & practical appreciation in order that impact moling operations can be environmentally & safely carried out.
The course is designed to highlight the current trends in moling operations through a series of lectures & practical exercises, which are supported by graphics & videos.
- Overview trenchless Technology
- Relevant H&S aspects of impact moling
- Evaluation of site conditions & risk assessment requirements
- Selection of moling equipment - ground conditions
- Interpretation of site plans
- Location of underground apparatus
- Safe use of pneumatic systems
- Moling fluid selection- seasonal conditions
- Future developments
- Daily inspection and maintenance of trenchless equipment
- Function testing,forward and reverse controls
- Installation of product pipe or duct
- Optical sighting methods
Successful candidates will be issued with a City & Guilds certificate of achievement which could be used as a means of measuring competence fo any safety or technical CPD process & certification can be used a evidence towards a full QCF award, certificate or diploma in the future.
Candidates are required to bring full PPE due to the practical nature of this event.
Practical & written assessment will be carried out during the day.
Duration: 1 day (09:00-17:00)
City & Guilds