Assembly lubricants for Construction industry - Construction & Construction Materials
P-80 Lubricants are used in the manufacturing and repair and maintenance of heavy-duty construction vehicles. Rubber assembly applications include bushings, leaf springs, chassis, and suspension components. P-80 Lubricants provide temporary lubrication to rubber or soft plastic parts.
P-80 applications include:
- Coolant hoses on construction equipment
- Manufacturing/assembly of construction equipment
- Maintenance/repair of construction equipment
- Wire harnesses on construction equipment
- Assembly of rock quarry equipment
- Drilling equipment
- Forklift assembly and maintenance
- Assembly/maintenance of street sweepers, snow removal equipment
- Manufacturing and assembly of motors, transmissions, & hydraulic components for lawnmowers and outdoor power equipment
- Hose assembly on lift trucks
- Manufacturing & repair of material handling equipment
- Fuel transfer pumps, coolant pumps, engine cooling pumps on construction equipment
- O-rings/collars on engines
- Rebuilding/repair of hydraulic cylinders on equipment
- Carburetor hose repair
- Engine seals
- Mining equipment
- Manufacturing turf maintenance equipment
- Hydraulic hoses & fittings
- Weather stripping for glass on cabs on construction equipment
- Hole digging machines
- Diggers, loaders, carriers
- Excavation equipment
- Fuel hoses on construction equipment
- Forklift motors
- Hydraulic valves on construction equipment
- Assembly/repair of lift trucks
- Concrete loaders, pavers, mixers
- Isolaters on construction equipment
All of our P-80 Lubricants are environmentally friendly, non-hazardous, and non-flammable, making them safe for workers and most plastics, rubbers, and metals. P-80 is available in four ready-to-use industrial formulas, as well as two special formulas that are registered with the NSF as H1 lubricants approved for incidental food contact applications:
- P-80 Emulsion Temporary Rubber Assembly Lubricant: A biodegradable blend of synthetic esters and water. P-80® Emulsion provides a thin film of lubrication to significantly reduce friction. Common uses include seals, bushings, O-rings, grommets, and hoses, to name a few.
- P-80 Grip-It Quick-Drying Temporary Rubber Assembly Lubricant: A quick-drying, water-based surfactant mixture that dries tacky to help parts stay in place. P-80® Grip-It is excellent for use on pressure-tested hoses and foam grips.
- P-80 RediLube Temporary Rubber Assembly Lubricant: A biodegradable, low residue lubricant designed for use on non-porous and coated rubber surfaces. P-80® RediLube dries completely and quickly.
- P-80 THIX Temporary Rubber Lubricant Gel: A biodegradable, non-drip thixotropic gel that is ideal for overhead and vertical assembly operations.
- P-80 Emulsion IFC Temporary Rubber Assembly Lubricant & P-80® THIX IFC Temporary Rubber Lubricant Gel: Offer the same lubricating properties as P-80® Emulsion and P-80® THIX, but are specially formulated for use on parts and equipment with incidental food contact. Typical applications include assembly of appliances, pumps, and food processing equipment. Both of these P-80® IFC lubricants are certified by the NSF for use in USDA H1 applications and meet FDA regulation 21 CFR 178.3570.
The charts below are designed to assist in determining the best P-80® formula for different applications. Each P-80® formula has unique properties designed to meet the needs of specific types of rubber and soft plastic assembly applications. For many assemblies, only one P-80® formula may resolve the assembly challenge. In other instances, more than one P-80® formula might work well. Some facilities may approve and use more than one formula depending on the application.