Digital high-quality camera solutions for transport sector - Manufacturing, Other
Camera systems to monitor unmanned and remote locations for both the rail and road sectors. There are many aspects of the transportation industry that would benefit from being monitored by hi-spec ‘smart’ cameras such as ours. The areas that utilise our camera systems are primarily the rail and road industries. Our rapid deployment camera range is perfect for the smart monitoring of roadworks, storage sites, remote rail substations and preventing trespassing.
When road construction projects are taking place over a period of time, cameras that monitor the area prove to be a huge advantage for resolving problems quickly. These problems may include recovering vehicles that have broken down on the stretch of road where works are taking place, causing blockages in restricted areas. Our cameras have alarms that will alert personnel to events, allowing vehicles to be recovered and obstructions cleared quickly, minimising the disruption to the flow of traffic on an already compromised road.
Remote Storage Sites
Our torch cameras are often deployed on an asset monitoring basis to keep vehicles stored at remote storage sites safe and secure. Their portable, compact and weatherproof qualities make them ideal for this task. As they are completely self-contained with integral storage, router and battery, they can be easily wall or pole-mounted without any wires or reliance on anything else.
Rail Trespass Prevention
People - or even animals - trespassing onto railway tracks or at stations is an ongoing concern in the rail industry. Railway tracks need to be kept clear at all times and the public should never try to cross at any point other than at designated crossings as it is extremely dangerous.
Route operators' early awareness of suspicious activity helps them prevent delays and potentially saves lives. Our 4G redeployable Torch Cameras are used extensively across the national rail network to mitigate trespass activity and notify route operators of the potential hazard on the tracks. The optical and thermal capability make these rapid deployment cameras ideal for day and night time use.
Rail Power Substations
Our ‘smart’ cameras are also used for monitoring the construction of rail power substations. This offers security as well as the opportunity to oversee the work taking place from a health and safety or training perspective, making sure all protocols are adhered to. It also makes time lapse recording possible; images can be captured at regular intervals throughout the day, recording the progress. At the end of the project, all of these frames can be stitched together to show the entire project from start to finish in just a few minutes.
Why Use Our Rapid Deployment Cameras for this Application?
- Cameras can be wall or pole-mounted, powered and viewed
- Outstanding image quality, so you won’t miss the finer detail
- Ideal for both day and night-time use
- Choice of single or double lens depending on the area you need covered
- Thermal lens options available, ideal for monitoring and alerting on ‘out-of-operating range’ heat sources like a high-voltage busbar
- Comes with integral recording, router and battery so it’s highly portable
- Cameras can send alarms to alert personnel to activity, whilst also activating a secondary function
- Ease of use - footage can be accessed by the viewer instantly using a standard web browser on a phone or tablet
- Compact, weatherproof casing
- With no moving parts, the camera is low maintenance and has a long lifespan, making it extremely cost effective.
- Can be supported by a battery pack that will last up to 7 days