Fire and explosion protection solutions for the power industry - Energy
We provide explosion protection for power plants processing coal and biomass. The areas inside and outside of coal handling plants generating heat and electricity are potential operating facilities where explosive concentrations of coal dust can accumulate and under ominous conditions (the presence of an ignition source, optimal concentration of suspended dust and oxygen) lead to a subsequent explosion in the facility.
The benefits of explosion protection in the energy industry:
- Comprehensive compliance with legislative requirements
- Protect your property and expensive technology
- Lower the risk of damage and losses in production
- Increase productivity
- Increase occupational safety and the protection of human health and lives
- By eliminating lengthy downtimes, you retain your customers and economic stability
The Industrial Equipment We Protect By Eliminating Wood Waste Includes:
- Underground bins
- Coal bridges
- Bucket conveyors
- Powder piping
- Suction equipment
- Coal powder centrifuge
- Coal powder bins and more
An influential parameter for the formation of an explosive mixture is the dampness of the coal product, its temperature, the oxygen content in the carrier medium and grain size. In general we can say that if the dampness of the coal is low, the temperature of the carrier medium higher and the grain size of the coal smaller, then the conditions are ripe for an explosion. Therefore, greater attention must be given to this equipment during design and operation. When burning a mixture of coal and biomass (straw, chaff, wood debris, etc.), the minimum ignition temperature of this mixture must be taken into account.
Ignition and subsequent combustion occurs in the same place and at the same time:
- Substances characteristic of exothermic reactions (e.g. dust particles of organic material),
- Sufficient amount of oxygen (or oxidizing agents in general),
- Effective source of ignition
The risks of fire spreading and the resulting pressure waves after the explosion threaten not only the equipment and structure of the buildings, but primarily the health and lives of workers.
Ignoring risks involved with transporting processed material into furnaces may lead, under certain circumstances, to the start of a chain reaction of explosions across the facility and entire power plant. A seemingly innocent explosion can bring dire consequences and even lead to the loss of human lives and destruction of equipment and entire buildings.
These days it is possible to identify all the above risks in advance. Also the ATEX 137 Directive imposes an obligation to apply appropriate preventive measures to protect human lives and prevent the devastating effects of explosions in operating plants.
The most common technology used by RSBP includes:
- Equipment for explosion suppression
- Equipment for explosion relief
- Equipment for preventing explosion propagation
- Explosion protection for bucket elevators
Not sure whether the issue of explosion protection applies to your business? Would you like to inquire about a specific solution? Trust in us as professionals and as a producer with over 20 years successfully engaged in professional research and development in this field.