Gas Detection Solutions for Gold Refining - Manufacturing, Other
Hydrogen Cyanide (HCN) is a highly toxic compound that is a byproduct of many industrial processes. Existing HCN point sensors are maintenance intensive, slow to respond and provide limited coverage. Many HCN sensors do not work reliably in hot or cold weather, or in humid environments. Our technology can be used for fixed monitoring applications or for temporary protection of workers during construction projects.
Using the multiple path capability of the Multi-Channel System, it is now possible to provide complete unit or facility perimeter coverage at relatively low cost. Linear array early warning detection systems, covering several kilometers with no breaks in coverage, can be established between large producing fields and nearby population centers.
Boreal’s analyzers have been monitoring fence lines and processing units around the world for years. Many with upwards of 75,000 hours of continuous trouble-free operation.
Open path monitoring detects HCN from heaps, ponds, stacks, vents, or mill buildings quickly. Path lengths can be up to 750m or even longer.
Boreal’s TDL technology has several benefits for leak detection in Gold Refineries:
- Provides continuous and instantaneous response times and data collection.
- Very reliably delivers accurate readings.
- No interference with other gases and No False Alarms: “It finds exactly what you’re looking for.”
- Not affected by heat or humidity.
- Minimal Maintenance: checks internal reference cell every minute, robust design, and requires no consumables to operate.
- Low (overall or amortized) cost of ownership (because they can last +20 years) and low operation and maintenance costs.
- Our technology is as close to set, collect, and forget as possible.