Microbiological analytical solutions for water industry - Water and Wastewater
Microbiological quality is a very important factor in the production of drinking water. During the production and distribution of drinking water it is of the utmost importance that no detrimental bacteriological contamination takes place. Despite the fact that most drinking water providers apply the utmost care in production and distribution, millions of people every year are exposed to bacteriologically contaminated drinking water.
Overview Applications & Industries Served
Rapid monitoring and near instant availability of microbiological data is of the utmost importance for adequate management of water distribution systems.
AquaScope opens up this possibility with an easily accessible stream of up-to-date and reliable microbiological data.
Not only can the usual bacteriological contaminants be routinely measured, but AquaScope is also capable of monitoring micro-organisms of choice.
Whether being applied as an inline monitor or as a high throughput analyzer, the introduction of AquaScope within drinking water companies allows for an in-depth understanding of the microbiological status of the drinking water network as well as production facilities combined with the speed of autonomous, DNA-based detection technology.
Inline and autonomous trending over time then becomes possible by introducing AquaScope in a drinking water distribution system.
Biotrack’s AquaScope is available for several stages in the purification process and the distribution of drinking water:
- Inline and autonomous trending in any distribution infrastructure
- Bio-monitoring using an AquaScope unit during maintenance and repair of water distribution infrastructure
- On-site bio-monitoring anyplace, anywhere, anytime, using a mobile AquaScope
- Rapid monitoring of the microbial status of ground water for process control purposes at your pumping station(s)
- Pre-laboratory screening of incoming water samples to exclude sterile or non-cultivable samples and therefore enhancing the total analytical capacity of your microbiology laboratory
- Enhancement of capabilities and capacity of existing water quality laboratories
Disinfection efficacy monitoring