Adwest Technologies Regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO)
Manufactured in 1999; Refurbished 2016
5,000 scfm capacityProblem:
A manufacturer of spiral cores for multiple products needed to economically control emissions. Their growth had resulted in increased emission tonnage and were nearing the limit without a control device. Like many manufacturers they had planned for a control device, but the cost to add a system was prohibitive.Problem Details:
This manufacturer had anticipated the need to add a control device, but as the time of decision approached they could not accept the cost of a new system.
Their emission stream consisted of simple hydrocarbons with no particulate or halogens in the airstream. We had a system that was very economical for them, and very low cost to operate. For less than half the cost of new equipment we provided a fully refurbished RTO with a VOC destruction warranty and parts warranty.
Kono Kogs also provided turnkey installation and a ductwork capture system. The customer had multiple winding machine hoods that required capture. This required multiple ductwork drops from a main header hung from the ceiling of the plant. The process of the RTO installation including the ductwork took only 10 days.
Once installed the equipment started up in just a few days. The time it takes from the desician to purchase the equipment to it being in operation can be very short when you choose used equipment. Much shorter than waiting for an OEM to manufacture new equipment. This can be an advantage for customers requiring short turnarounds.Equipment/Services provided by Kono Kogs, INC.
- Refurbished, upgraded & warranted used regenerative thermal oxidizer (RTO)
- Low cost RTO at approximately half the cost of their new equipment options.
- RTO provided had been idle for 10 years so it needed extreme refurbishing & component replacement due to long-idle components; many simply replaced
- Upgraded operator interface to a touchscreen & added a remote screen as well.
- Added bypass functionality with bypass damper, logic and bypass fan
- Oxidizer PLC logic modified to interface with customer process (typical)
- INSTALLATION SERVICES:
- Equipment and labor to mechanical assembly on customer’s concrete pad
- Ductwork including tie-in to customer hoods with balancing dampers
- Size and supply process bypass fan