Transportation of Dangerous Goods: Compliance with IATA and IMO Regulations
Explains how to comply with the International Air Transport Association's (IATA's) current Dangerous Goods Regulations for shipments by air, and the International Maritime Organization's (IMO's) IMDG Code for shipments by sea.
The handbook includes step-by-step instructions for:
- Classifying dangerous goods
- Determining the correct shipping name
- Using the IATA List of Dangerous Goods and the IMDG Code
Dangerous Goods List
- Selecting and preparing packages
- Finding applicable state and operator variations
- Marking, labeling, and placarding
- Preparing shipping papers
- Handling materials safely
Requirements for each mode of transport are covered separately to avoid confusion.
Includes print and CD versions.