WaterView 2009 Report: Water & Wastewater Markets
The fifth edition of EBJ's renowned WaterView Report series is written with business strategists, planners, executives, and investors in the water industry in mind. It is an extensive and comprehensive manual and market research document for the current state and future of the water and wastewater businesses in multiple segments.
New business models, management methodologies, and technologies are emerging that will address industry discontinuities, unmet consumer needs, inefficient project management methods, and financing imperatives. Major opportunities are emerging in the water treatment sector. These changes will fundamentally change water industry distribution methods and the costs associated with buying and selling water.
Encompassing utilities and treatment works, equipment manufacturing, consulting, operations, materials supply to designing and managing facilities, the water industry is a diverse and dynamic marketplace. This 811-page report maps out the water industry by sector, with many market data breakdowns and forecasts, and the latest trends and strategies derived from hundreds of executive interviews.
Basic Outline of WaterView 2009
- Water Industry Trends, the Future, and Strategies: Overview of the water industry and summary of the industry structure, market and regulatory trends, and financing/M&A. Plus, background on EBJ`s research methodology.
- Analysis of Markets & End-Users: Various customer types and their unique needs for water supply and services explained and quantified.
- Water Rights and Wholesaling: `Raw` water market and evolving business models.
- Productivity & Information Technology: Application of advanced communications and information technology: Potential to 2020 and actual practice in 2007.
- Water Utilities and Wastewater Treatment Works: Public utilities, POTWs and privatization of traditionally public entities with volume and pricing structure, revenues, and other market data.
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Equipment: Analysis of treatment equipment and chemicals market by technology and client types, profiles of top equipment manufacturers, and growth areas with the latest technological advancements.
- Water Services Sector: Analytical labs, consulting & engineering firms, instrumentation, contract operations (O&M), and privatization.