ACE18 - AWWA Annual Conference & Exposition
Annual Conference - Uniting the world and water. ACE18 is set to inspire and connect the water sector with innovative solutions and new insights to help solve our global water challenges. This year AWWA is co-partnering with the California/Nevada Section to produce an outstanding conference. Don’t miss your chance to soak up the knowledge of hundreds of water industry thought leaders providing guidance on the future of our water.
- Event Type:
- Jun. 11-14, 2018
- Mandalay Bay Convention Center
- Las Vegas , NV , USA
Public Officials Program
Designed to help mayors, water and wastewater board commissioners, and council members better understand key water issues and take smart steps to address them.
Join us for one-day of programming designed just for legal counsel and utility managers.
Wednesday, June 13
The session will explore Legal Aspects of Water Infrastructure Funding Mechanisms.
This program will explore legal aspects of federal and non-federal funding mechanisms for water infrastructure projects. Topics will include state revolving funds, municipal bonds, bank financing and the Water Infrastructure Finance and Innovation Act (WIFIA). Panelists will discuss the legal parameters to consider when evaluating mechanisms for funding water infrastructure projects.
While content is directed towards the legal audience, all ACE18 participants are welcome to participate in this event. CLEs will be offered for this full-day program.
Maximize your Interaction With Exhibitors
Expositions can be a bit overwhelming, but it’s not difficult to start a conversation with a service provider, after all, they work in the same industry as you.
- Make eye contact, say hello, and ask me how my time at the event has been. Not all conversations need to be product-related.
- Have a plan, and know what you are interested in or have an existing need for. Make a list of who you want to see and make time to walk the floor.
- As you talk with exhibitors, take notes. This will help you remember everything you take-in and what you want to learn more about.
- Ask questions of the exhibitors; a brief overview of their product or service, new features, comparisons of a product you might already be aware of. If you are not interested in the product/service, be honest regarding your intentions (even if it’s just that you want some booth swag to take home to your kids/staff/dog, etc).
- Gather contact information, swap business cards (don’t forget to bring plenty) or allow exhibitors to scan your badge.
- Think beyond the immediate. As your career changes, so will your business needs. Conferences are a great place to start lasting business relationships.
Are you outside of North America? The AWWA Red-Carpet Service can take the hassle out of traveling and ensure your experience is seamless. Take advantage of local experts who will help you to travel carefree from the moment you land to the end of your trip.
The program includes
- Transportation to and from the airport to hotel
- Special facility tours - sign up early!
- Special concierge service at the Mandalay Bay Convention Center to pick-up registration materials and more.
- Access to interpreters during the conference (pre-registration is required)
- Certificate of Attendance for joining us at ACE18! To obtain your certificate, visit the International Resource Center at ACE.