The biggest expo of green technologies and new lifestyles, a special forum where businesses in the environmental and sustainability sectors can meet institutional stakeholders, trade associations, local/central governmentS, NGOs and all types of industries and goods manufacturers, to discuss new models of economic growth driven by a focus on innovation, clean technologies and a new approach to urbanization and social contexts.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Nov. 9-12, 2011
- Rimini Expo Centre
- Rimini , Italy
Ecomondo 2011/ Registrations already at record high
Environment Minister StefaniaPrestigiacomo has confirmed she will be attending the opening ceremony with official authorities on Wednesday 9 November from 09.45 in the South Hall.
The sharp rise in thenumbers registering to attend is a sign that Italian businesses have embraced the green economy (and the importance of the environment) as an important new challenge for their business and also a means of gaining an added competitive edge.
German buyers from waste disposal firmswill be present alongside local authority-run environmental services, directors of waste collection and disposal plants, managers of recycling services, and directors of trade associations committed to recycling.
There has also been a positive response from the earth-moving machinery, aggregate crushing/recycling and decommissioning sectors, all of which will be exhibiting the latest in low-impact, green equipment. An absolute first at this year's edition is the DEMO AREA where visitors will be able to see these machines perform at their best in the WEST car park.
Ecomondo 2011 will also be welcoming operators from the CIC-certified biodegradable bioplastics sector, an area which may holdthe keyto relaunching the Italian chemicals industry, with a new environmental sustainability approach to processes and products. Running parallel with the expo there will be a special focus on the industrial conversion of disused petrochemical plants, requalifying them as centres of excellence for the green chemicals industry.
Sustainable Cities will be launching more than 30 original SMART CITIES projects with constructive actions targeting the many different ways to make city life more sustainable. Exhibitors include: the city of Fribourg, presenting the highly-effective green projects it has been working on, providing examples for other European cities to follow; Vienna, winner of the international 'World City Closest to Sustainable Waste Management' award; EUROCITIES, presenting its NiCE (Networking intelligent Cities for Energy Efficiency) project; and also Pedro Ballesteros Torres, principal administrator of the European Commission Directorate General for Energy and promoter of the Covenant of Mayors.
The cities of Amsterdam and Turinwill both be exhibiting as concrete and excellent examples of smart cities.
A number of excellent examples and high-calibre speakers will be in attendance, including the Loccioni Group, sponsor and strategic partner, scheduled to present ground-breaking home automation and mobility projects;Enel Sole, official sponsor of Sustainable Cities and presenting practical examples of action at the local community level;eEnergia who, thanks to the partnership with the Spanish Group N2S, will be presenting an innovative project to monitor and cut energy consumption (Energy Saving Management) in big buildings (hotels, public buildings and hospitals); the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) who will be illustrating the ultimate in Greenbuilding projects; and APSTI, the Italian Association of Science and Technology Parks.
- The biggest expo of green technologies and new lifestyles, a special forum where businesses in the environmental and sustainability sectors can meet institutional stakeholders, trade associations, local/central governmentS, NGOs and all types of industries and goods manufacturers, to discuss new models of economic growth driven by a focus on innovation, clean technologies and a new approach to urbanization and social contexts.
- A dedicated forum for KEY MARKET PLAYERS to meet and share experiences on the green economy.
- An unrivalled source of information and training on ecologically sustainable materials and energy efficiency for recycling and waste recovery operators.
- An exemplary plan of action for businesses and local bodies that have based their business, competitiveness and quality standards on sustainability.
- A single point of interaction to discuss the requirements and best ways of doing ETHICAL, RESPONSIBLE BUSINESS.
No comments were found for ECOMONDO 2011. Be the first to comment!