- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Jan. 19-21, 2009
- Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Center
- Abu Dhabi , UAE
The Middle East is in the midst of an unprecedented boom
Bustling with challenges and opportunities, it's the right time for investors
The Middle East in general and the UAE in particular have been growing at a rapid pace thanks to an oil-fuelled economic boom and policies of aggressive diversification followed by governmental authorities. The region's explosive economic growth has had serious effects on the environment. Governments in the Middle East have realised that immediate attention is required conservation of natural resources and to promote sustainable development.
Under the guidance of the President, H.H. Sheikh Khalifa Bin Zayed Al Nahyan, the UAE has taken several measures on the regulatory front, besides undertaking mammoth investments in environmental projects.
With the environment moving to the top of the policy agenda, companies too are investing increasing amounts in promoting environmental sustainability as part of their CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) programmes.
We ensure business comes your way!
Our core objectives:
- Attract the right visitors and present them with the right expertise and solutions to address environmental challenges.
- Facilitate business and partnership opportunities for exhibitors and visitors consisting of officials from governments, municipalities, free zones, oil & gas and real estate companies, developers, chambers of commerce and private businesses.
- Significantly increase the number of international exhibitors and visitors.
- Work closely with experts from our International Environment Network to target the right visitors the world over.
- Use our parent company's international databases.
- Conduct an intensive advertising campaign in local, regional and international publications and global PR campaign.
- Invite key personnel including government delegations, decision-makers, technical staff from the industry in the MENA region.
- Conduct promotions at various environment events around the world.
- Run an intensive direct mailers and internet campaigns.
- Organise special events.
- Host a dedicated website.
Seeking Sustainable Solutions for a Cleaner Environment
Abu Dhabi, the capital of the UAE and the host city of the ENVIRONMENT 2009 is a role model for environmental protection and sustainable development initiatives in the region.
ENVIRONMENT 2009, the only comprehensive region, provides an ideal platform to opportunities presented by government concerns. This event is the perfect opportunity transact business under one roof.
The UAE will witness huge investments on environmental projects, running into billions of dollars.
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre
Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC) is just a 15-minute drive from the city and also easily accessible from the other emirates, via an excellent road network. The perfect venue, it boasts of a custom-built exhibition centre with state-of-the-art facilities that match international standards.
The ENVIRONMENT event is a comprehensive show that covers all environmental aspects while focusing on key issues confronting the Middle East such as water and waste management, harnessing renewable energy, pollution control and sustainable development.
ENVIRONMENT 2009 will also host a conference that will serve as a convergence point for knowledge-exchange, networking and business generation. The main thrust of the conference will be on exploring and fostering business opportunities for corporations, governments and institutional entities. It will serve as a meeting point for decision-makers and thinkers paving the way for future business opportunities to be leveraged.
ENVIRONMENT 2009 will be organized with the support of Pollutec, the world's leading environment show. This association is expected to contribute to the growth in size and scope of ENVIRONMENT.
The ENVIRONMENT 2009 project team will strongly leverage Reed Exhibitions' international sales network to ensure the right exhibitors are able to utilize the platform provided by the show. The Agent Network is actively representing Environment 2009 all over the word.
ENVIRONMENT 2009, the biennial ENVIRONMENT Exhibition & Conference focused on environmentally friendly technologies including Air, Land, Energy, Water and Waste.
Total Gross Area 15,000 sqm
National Visitors 3750
International Visitors 1815
National Exhibitors 106
International Exhibitors 232
Conference Delegates 773
Countries Represented 28
National Pavilions 9
Countries Represented: Australia, Austria, Bahrain, Canada, China, Denmark, Egypt, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Japan, Kuwait, Lebanon, Malaysia, The Netherlands, Norway, Portugal, Saudi Arabia, Singapore, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Turkey, UAE, UK, USA
National Pavilions: Austria, Canada, France, Germany, India, Japan, The Netherlands, Switzerland, UK