Fourth International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technology
The Fourth International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies will be held May 22-25, 2017. The Conference headquarters hotel will once again be the Hyatt Regency Miami Hotel. Located at 400 SE Second Avenue on the scenic Riverwalk in the heart of bustling downtown Miami, the Hyatt overlooks the Miami River and Florida’s famed Biscayne Bay. It is conveniently located—near the Port of Miami, Bayside Marketplace and American Airlines Arena and 15 minutes from South Beach. The Hyatt is within easy walking distance of the nightlife, shopping, sports and other attractions that bring people to “America’s Riviera.”
- Event Type:
- May 22-25, 2017
- Miami , FL , USA
The 2015 Bioremediation Symposium was attended by more than 700 scientists, engineers, regulators, site managers, and other environmental professionals, representing universities, government agencies, consultants and R&D and service firms from 25 countries. The technical program encompassed 520 platform and poster presentations in 61 breakout sessions and three panel discussions, all organized into the following thematic tracks:
- Bioremediation Technologies
- Evaluating and Mitigating Vapor Intrusion
- Munitions Response
- Biodegradation of Emerging Contaminants
- Managing Petroleum Hydrocarbon Sites
- Biodegradation and Remediation of Crude Oil in Different Environments
- Biological Processes in Unconventional Oil and Natural Gas Development
- Advances in Natural Attenuation
- Sustainable Site Management Strategies
- Green and Sustainable Remediation (GSR)
- Bioremediation in International Settings
- Bioremediation Implementation Practices
- Application of Bioremediation to Complex Sites
The technical scope for the 2017 Symposium will cover many of these topics as well as new topics. Details on sponsors, abstract submittal, short courses and exhibits will be added to this website as they become available.
Important Dates (tentative)
- May 2016: Call for Abstracts available.
- September 2016: Abstracts are due.
- September 2016: Exhibits go on sale.