Pittcon is the world`s largest annual conference and exposition for laboratory science. Pittcon 2013 will offer the latest technology and instrumentation from exhibitors from 30 countries around the world, a diverse Technical Program of over 2,000 abstracts to technical presentations, over 100 Short Courses to enhance your educational experience, and networking sessions that provide the chance to exchange innovative ideas with scientists from around the world.
- Event Type:
- Trade Show/Exhibition
- Mar. 17-21, 2013
- Pennsylvania Convention Center
- Philadelphia , PA , USA
Our mission is to sponsor and sustain educational and charitable activities for the advancement and benefit of scientific endeavor.
Pittcon is the world’s annual premier conference and exposition on laboratory science. It is organized by The Pittsburgh Conference on Analytical Chemistry and Applied Spectroscopy, a Pennsylvania not-for-profit educational corporation which is comprised of the Spectroscopy Society of Pittsburgh (SSP) and the Society for Analytical Chemists of Pittsburgh (SACP).
Pittcon attracts more than 17,000 attendees from industry, academia and government from 90 countries worldwide and is managed by a committee of volunteers and a 11-person staff. Proceeds from Pittcon fund science education and outreach at all levels, kindergarten through adult.
Pittcon donates more than a million dollars a year to provide financial and administrative support for various science outreach activities including science equipment grants, research grants, scholarships and internships for students, awards to teachers and professors, and grants to public science centers, libraries and museums.
1 A showcase for scientific innovations in laboratory equipment, technology, and supplies:
- Includes more than 930 exhibiting companies worldwide
- Provides the opportunity to speak with technical staff to resolve problems
- Allows you to evaluate the latest instrumentation, compare vendors, and participate in product demonstrations
2 Unique Networking Opportunities:
- Interact with world-renown scientists
- Attend Conferee Networking Sessions to discuss topics of mutual interest
- Meet with colleagues at complimentary mixers, poster sessions, and other social events
3 Educational Programs:
- Build skills by attending Short Courses and technical presentations
- Discover the latest techniques and advances by attending any of the more than 2,200 technical sessions
- Learn from leading scientists presenting Invited Symposia, Contributed Sessions, Workshops, Awards, and the Plenary Lecture and Capstone Lecture
4 Employment Bureau:
- View hundreds of career postings for seasoned professionals or recent entries into the job market
- Schedule onsite interviews
- Visit the Employer and Career Information Centers
Pittcon’s target audience is not just “analytical chemists”, but all laboratory scientists – anyone who identifies, quantifies, analyzes or tests the chemical or biological properties of compounds or molecules, or who manages these laboratory scientists.
Having grown beyond its roots in analytical chemistry and spectroscopy, Pittcon has evolved into a conference & expo that now also serves a diverse constituency encompassing life sciences, pharmaceutical discovery and QA, food safety, environmental and bioterrorism markets.
Top 5 Reasons to Attend Pittcon
- Low Registration Fee, High Return
- Unique Networking Opportunities
- Global Exposition
- Technical Sessions Relevant To Your Field Of Interest
- Career Enhancing Short Courses
Whether this is your first time to Pittcon or you have attended past Conferences, we invite you to visit our International Visitor Center when you arrive at the convention center.
The International Visitor Center is easily recognizable by its colorful international flag decor. You will receive a very warm welcome from Pittcon Committee members and conference week staff.
The International Visitors Center Offers
- Multi-lingual interpreters to help solve any registration issues and assist you with any aspect of your attendance while at Pittcon 2013.
- Posting of attendance numbers for Pittcon 2013 from different countries.
- An area furnished with tables and chairs to participate in informal discussions with Committee members or other conferees.
- Register with the International Connection to connect with other attendees from around the world.
- Get a first-hand look at the latest innovations in instrumentation and equipment from leading companies from over 30 countries.
- Participate in live equipment demos
- Meet with technical personnel to get answers and solutions to your pressing questions
- Take advantage of onsite purchase discounts from select vendors
- Compare and evaluate products, pricing, and services from different companies
With more than 2,000 technical sessions, Pittcon makes it easy for you to get connected to the latest research and developments in your field and gain a global perspective from leading scientists from around the world.
The 2013 comprehensive Technical Program includes, but is not limited to; areas of analytical chemistry, applied spectroscopy, life sciences, bioanalysis, food sciences and related disciplines such as:
- Molecular and Atomic Spectroscopy
- Portable Instruments
- Mass Spectrometry
- Lab-on-Chip technology
Novel Application of Measurement Science
- Shale Energy
- Genomics, Proteomics
- Metabolomics, Metabonomics
- Food Science
Pittcon is the leading showcase for scientific and technical innovation with a singular focus on laboratory science. Thousands of conferees from 90 countries visit Pittcon each year to evaluate new products and technologies, formulate purchase decisions, and form valuable business connections. There is no better place to pursue laboratory business opportunities.
Top 5 Reasons to Exhibit at Pittcon
- Generate quality leads & interact with prospects
- Promote sales and reach decision makers
- Launch new products & technologies in a premier venue
- Build company awareness in your target market
- Network to maximize b2b potential
Be part of the MUST ATTEND event for laboratory scientists. A recent survey found that over 80% of Pittcon attendees are decision makers for instrumentation, lab equipment, consumables and servcies.
Product Profile of Pittcon Exhibitors
- Instrumentation Laboratory Equipment
- Lab Automation
- Life Science Techniques & Applications
- Reagents and Consumables
- Environmental Techniques & Applications
- Laboratory Design
- Laboratory Furnishings
- Electroanalytical Techniques & Applications
- Specialized Analytical Testing Services
- Nanotechnology Techniques & Applications
- Laboratory Personnel Services
- Biopharma/Research and Clinical Diagnostics
- Laboratory Information Management Systems
- Food Analysis Techniques & Applications