Plastic Free World Conference & Expo 2021
Plastic Free World Conference & Expo Europe has rapidly become the must-attend international conference and exhibition for any company looking for new technologies, materials, and solutions to help realize their plastic waste targets and source the latest innovations driving the new circular economy.
- Event Type:
- Nov. 10-11, 2021
- Cologne , Germany
Plastic Free World Conference & Expo has rapidly become the must-attend international conference and exhibition for any company looking for new technologies, materials, and solutions to help realize their plastic waste targets and source the latest innovations driving the new circular economy.
The event presents an unbiased opportunity to explore and discuss this highly complex issue with world-leading experts from a number of different industries, and to offer a wide range of new technologies, materials and business practises that will have a positive impact in reducing global plastic pollution, as well as increasing the sustainability of your products. The event attracts more than 1,200 attendees from the entire supply chain including major manufacturers, brand owners, retailers, materials experts, circular economy experts, government organizations, NGOs, the recycling industry, and the plastics sector to engage in discussions that will help reduce waste plastic in the environment.
In 2021 the event will take place in-person at Koelnmesse on the 10th & 11th of November and will be held alongside The Greener Manufacturing Show. As well as six targeted conference tracks, Plastic Free World will now include a free-to-attend exhibition featuring more than 150 companies leading the way forward in producing new materials, packaging solutions, manufacturing technologies, and new ways to use plastic waste as a valuable manufacturing resource for a wide range of industries and applications.
With ever-evolving regulations on single-use plastics and increasing global urgency to find new solutions that will address the global plastic waste challenge – particularly in light of 2020’s pandemic perhaps delaying or derailing many sustainability goals and objectives – this is your opportunity to get back on track and connect and exchange the latest innovations to enact meaningful change.
More Than 200 Speakers
Presenting practical strategies and innovative solutions for reducing plastic usage across a number of industries. Learn how to eliminate problematic and unnecessary plastics throughout your supply chain. Plus, new design and manufacturing solutions to help reduce material waste
Interact face-to-face with more than 150 expert participating companies, an increase of +400% on 2019. This is your opportunity to grow your network and build new relationships with other sustainability professionals looking to address the global plastic waste crisis, develop your knowledge, experience the latest technological innovations and hear from industry leaders
In 2021, for the first time, Plastic Free World Conference & Expo will take place alongside The Greener Manufacturing Show – the must-attend event for any sustainability-focused company looking to reduce the impact of their industrial and manufacturing processes on the environment and global climate change
- Eliminating single-use plastics throughout the supply chain
- Government regulations
- Reducing unnecessary plastics
- How to go plastic-free
- Improving recyclability of products and packaging
- Bio-based materials
- Marine/aquatic clean-up technologies
- Chemical recycling and waste-to-X
- Best practice in deposit refund schemes
- Bio-based feedstocks
- Sustainable materials
- Environmentally friendly fibres
- Plastic substitutes
- Biodegradability testing
- Compostability testing
- Recyclability testing
- Extended Producer Responsibility
- The business case for sustainable products
- Opportunities from capturing the material value of plastics
- Increased use of recycled materials
- New manufacturing solutions
- 100% biodegradable polymers
- Circular economy principles to address plastic pollution
- International perspectives on plastic waste management
- Industry 4.0 and the waste sector
- Big Data and data visualization
- Artificial intelligence, robotics and automated learning in waste recycling
In 2019, Plastic Free World Conference & Expo cemented itself worldwide as the most talked-about and best-attended event focusing on eliminating plastic waste, after it attracted some of the biggest brands and most respected sustainability professionals globally during its first outing. This senior executive-level conference and exhibition honed in on the exploration of how international businesses from a wide variety of industries can reduce their use of fossil-fuel-based plastics, eliminate single-use plastics, design and create more sustainable bio-sourced products and packaging solutions, introduce more circular business models, and ultimately help contribute to improving the global plastic pollution crisis. The unprecedented reaction to the inaugural event in Frankfurt has led to the conference being relocated to Cologne, Germany, in 2020, with considerably more speakers, more interaction, more exhibitors, more expertise and many more topics covered.
We are bringing together 200+ international speakers and over 800 delegates to debate and discuss the latest business models, strategies, materials innovations, future regulations, manufacturing technologies, bio-sourced solutions and the latest and next-generation technologies to help meet future plastic waste targets and create highly sustainable products accepted by rapidly evolving consumer demands.
Hear over 120 expert presentations from companies already adopting sustainable and circular approaches that are helping contribute to tackling the global plastic pollution crisis.
Gain the latest research to help eliminate single-use plastics throughout your supply chain and discover more natural and re-usable alternatives.
Discover the next-generation of highly sustainable materials, technologies, and manufacturing solutions. Plus, meet the companies behind the latest innovations helping to create environmentally friendly products made from natural bio-based materials that are more easily recycled, compostable and biodegradable.
Exchange knowledge and network with more than 800 sustainability leaders from some of the world’s largest international organizations working to reduce their dependence on fossil fuel-based plastics.
Any business looking to reduce the environmental impact of plastics in their supply chain should attend this event. However, the following industries are particularly recommended to attend:
- Meet more than 800 senior-level executives and R&D chiefs looking for material and chemical innovations to help them meet their future plastic footprint targets.
Retail & Consumer Goods
- Eliminating single-use plastics throughout your supply chain
- Lower plastic usage in packaging and delivery
- How to increase recyling rates
Food & Beverage
- Find plastic-free alternatives for the food and drink industry
- Eliminate unecessary and single-use plastics
- Improve recyling and upcycling rates of food and beverage products
Automotive & Transport
- Next-generation ultra-light weight biocomposites for automotive and transportation applications
- Cost-effective natural fibres and natural fibre-reinforced materials for vehicle interiors
- Increase use of recycled materials
- New component design and manufacturing solutions to improve recyclability of vehicles
Clothing & Textiles
- Innovative solutions to tackle the microplastic crisis in the clothing and textile industries
- Natural fibre solutions from sustainable sources
- Meet the experts that can make your products biodegradable, compostable, and easily recycled
- Close the loop on a circular economy and reuse discarded clothing and textiles
- Eliminate single-use and hard to recycle plastics
- Reduce plastic wastage through design and manufacturing processes
- Find alternative, highly sustainable materials sourced from natural feedstocks
- Improve recyclability
- Increase upcycling of packaging materials
Travel & Catering
- What are the alternatives to single-use plastics for the travel, tourism, and catering industry?
- Find and source plastic-free alternatives and improve reuse.
Recycling & Waste Management
- Meet with over 800 material suppliers and producers, retailers, manufacturers, NGO’s, state & local government and the entire supply chain to help create a closed-loop recycling system that will prevent plastic from becoming waste