Plastics Recycling 2017
Plastics Recycling 2017 is the focal point for the increasingly complex and international plastics recycling industry. The event, now in its 12th year, brings together plastics reclaimers, equipment manufacturers, brand owners, brokers, government officials and leading sustainability voices from around the globe to deepen connections and push the sector forward. Don’t miss out on the industry event of the year. The 2017 conference will offer an exhilarating series of presentations, sessions and Q and A’s featuring leading industry executives, reclaimers and associations. The exhibit hall is expected to include more than 200 booths. The 2016 conference, held in February in New Orleans, attracted over 1,650 attendees from 40 countries and nearly 200 exhibitors from all sectors of the plastics recycling industry.
- Event Type:
- Mar. 6-8, 2017
- Hyatt Regency New Orleans
- New Orleans , LA , USA
Learn how to take advantage of the economy to maintain and grow your business from the leading experts in the field of plastics recovery and utilization. Speakers will present extensive and detailed industry assessments, including analyses of trends in the U.S. and Canada, plastics collection issues, recycling market factors, and legislative and policy considerations.
Connect with over 200 companies in the industry showcasing their products and services in the exhibit hall. Exhibiting companies include, but will not be limited to, collectors and reclaimers, buyers and brokers, equipment producers, waste haulers and industry trade associations.
Network with clients, prospective partners, colleagues, vendors and industry leaders all in one location. Meeting everyone in one venue will save you precious time and travel expense.
- Resin producers
- Plastic collectors and reclaimers
- Consumers of recycled resin
- Plastics converters and compounders
- Government recycling officials
- Equipment producers
- Waste haulers
- Brand owners
- Packaging and label designers and producers
- Bag and film manufactures
- Environmental organizations
- Scrap plastic product makers
- Collectors and MRF operators
- Resin brokers
- Clean-tech investors
- Other investors
Collaborate with industry leading groups such as:
- American Chemistry Council (ACC)
- Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR)
- China National Resources Recycling Association (CRRA)
- China Scrap Plastics Association (CSPA)
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)
- Keep America Beautiful (KAB)
- National Association for PET Container Resources (NAPCOR)
Showcase Your Products And Services
The conference offers an array of sponsorship, exhibiting and advertising options that provide your organization with a cost-effective way to promote your products and services, establish your brand, build new business relationships and secure your position as a leader in the industry. It is the perfect opportunity to reach decision makers in the industry.
Additional Education And Events
Several pre-and-post conference workshops and events will be offered in conjunction with Plastics Recycling 2017 including the Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) membership and committee meetings and ISRI Paper Stock Industries Specification Summit. More information coming soon. Additional fees may apply.
Plastics Recycling 2016 delivers what you need to keep a competitive edge with industry experts offering keen insights on how to navigate the dynamic and evolving world of plastics recycling. Presentations dive deep into the critical issues affecting your business, effectively enabling you to maximize your profits, stay one step ahead of your competitors and enrich your understanding of supply chains and market forces. Nobody owns a crystal ball, but Plastics Recycling 2016 boasts an unparalleled concentration of executives, decision-makers and top analysts whose collective knowledge is the best chance you'll get at learning what's in store for our industry. Can your business really afford to miss this opportunity?
Check back regularly for conference updates. Agenda topics will include:
- Detailed analyses of global market forces
- New innovations to move plastics recycling forward
- Sortation and processing technologies
- How the regulatory landscape will affect your business
- Municipal trends to watch
- Consumer packaging and recyclability
Several pre-and-post-conference workshops and events will be available in conjunction with Plastics Recycling 2016 presented by:
- Association of Postconsumer Plastic Recyclers (APR) Membership and Committee Meetings
- China Plastics Recycling Forum (CSPA)
- Institute of Scrap Recycling Industries (ISRI)
- Paper Stock Industries (PSI) Chapter Conference
Additional fees may apply.
Apr Technical Forum
The Association of Plastic Recyclers is pleased to present a Technical Forum focusing on Bale Quality in conjunction with the 2016 Plastics Recycling Conference. Speakers will identify steps that can be taken to improve the quality of plastic bales produced for recycling. APR will also announce the entries of the first APR Plastics Recycling Showcase. Recipients will present their product innovations designed to enhance container and package recyclability and promote the use of PCR. The APR Technical Forum is open to all registered APR members as well as those registered for the PRC, even if not an APR member company.
Bale Quality has a major impact on the productivity and value of postconsumer plastic resins. In addition, materials that are incorrectly sorted in a MRF or PRF lead to an undesirable level of valuable materials loss. Panel speakers have been selected to represent the broad spectrum of industry leading organizations, and include:
- Ryan Pawlinski, Phoenix Technologies
- Matthias Erdmannsdoerfer from NRT Sorters and Bulk Handling Systems
- Cody Marshall from the Recycling Partnership
- Felix Hottenstein from MSS and the CP Group
- Mark Neitzey from VAN DYK Recycling Solutions
- Markus Kivela from UPM Raflatac with Kristina Hansen from Plastics Forming Enterprises
The Technical Forum will begin promptly at 12:30 pm and wrap-up by 3:30 pm so that delegates have time to spend at the Exhibition Floor on Monday afternoon.