Third International Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies - 2015
The Third International Symposium on Bioremediation and Sustainable Environmental Technologies will be held May 18–21, 2015, at the Hyatt Regency Miami Hotel. The Call for Abstracts brochure provides an overview of the anticipated technical program scope and other aspects of the conference.
- Event Type:
- May 18-21, 2015
- Hyatt Regency Miami Hotel
- Miami , FL , USA
As the organizer and presenter of the Symposium, Battelle appreciates the participation of the Symposium Sponsors, whose financial contributions help support the work of planning and conducting the Symposium.
The 2015 Symposium will present information on advances in bioremediation and the incorporation of green and sustainable practices in remediation. The program will be designed for scientists, engineers, regulators, remediation site owners, and other environmental professionals, representing universities, government agencies, and consulting, research and development, and service firms from around the world.
Short courses will be offered Monday, May 18. The Exhibit Hall and the Welcome Reception will open late Monday afternoon, and the Plenary Session will convene Monday evening. The technical program will be conducted Tuesday through Thursday, with platform talks and panel discussions each day and poster receptions Tuesday and Wednesday evenings. Several student events will be provided, including a student paper competition and student networking and career development opportunities during the Symposium.
15 Sep 2014: Exhibits open for sale.
30 Sep 2014: Abstracts are due.
15 Oct 2014: Short course proposals are due.
15 Nov 2014: Student papers are due.
As the program develops, information will be added to this website. The Preliminary Program brochure will be available here in January and will provide details on the session schedule, a list of the platform and poster presentations in each session, and short course descriptions
The platform and poster sessions will be organized around the following major themes. Examples of anticipated presentation topics under each theme are listed in the Technical Program Scope document.
- Bioremediation Technologies and Implementation Practices
- Biodegradation of Emerging Contaminants
- Application of Bioremediation to Complex Sites
- Advances in Natural Attenuation
- Advanced tools for Assessing Bioremediation
- Biodegradation and Remediation of Crude Oil in Different Environments
- Managing Petroleum Hydrocarbon Sites
- Biological Processes in Unconventional Oil and Natural Gas Development
- Microbial-Based Alternative Energy
- Green and Sustainable Remediation (GSR)
- Sustainable Site Management Strategies
- Munitions Response
- Evaluating and Mitigating Vapor Intrusion
- Bioremediation in International Settings