The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment
- Print ISSN:
Aims and Scope
The International Journal of Life Cycle Assessment (Int J LCA) is the first journal devoted entirely to LCA. LCA has become a recognized instrument to assess the ecological burdens and impacts connected with products and systems, or, more generally, with human activities. The LCA-Journal - which has been expanded by a section on Life Cycle Management (LCM) - is a forum for:
- Scientists developing LCA and LCM
- LCA and LCM practitioners
- Managers concerned with environmental aspects of products
- Governmental environmental agencies responsible for product quality
- Scientific and industrial societies involved in LCA development
- Ecological institutions and bodies.
- Papers on the improvement and development of LCA methodology
- Social and political acceptance of LCA
- Governmental activities + EC, OECD, ISO
- Examples from industrial applications
- `Historical series`: LCA How it came about
- Energy analysis
- Short versions of actual LCAs and case studies
- LCA-Peer reviews
- LCA and eco-labeling
- Reports on:
- LCA data banks
- LCA software
- LCA standardization
- LCA-active groups
- LCA workshops, symposia, conferences
- Activities within UNEP (United Nations Environment Programme)
- Activities within SETAC (Society of Environmental Toxicology and Chemistry), SETAC-Europe, SETAC-GLB (SETAC-German Language Branch)
- Activities within UNEP/SETAC Life Cycle Initiative
- Governmental Activities + EC, OECD, ISO
- National activities.
The target group of the journal is partly identical with the groups listed above (see Aims & Scope). It is to be expected, however, that decision makers in industry and government, consumer advisers, ecologically engaged groups and individuals, and quality managers, will also be potential readers and authors.
Geographically, the following countries are especially engaged in LCA and may therefore contribute to the international distribution of the Journal:
- The German-language countries
- USA and Canada, South America
Contributions from all other countries are appreciated.
For submissions, please click here.
For new institutional subscriptions outside Germany, please contact Springer. For private subscriptions, institutionals subscriptions inside Germany and renewals of pre-2005 subscriptions, please click here.