GPU accelerated Room Acoustics Simulations
...the new development in SoundPLANnoise, OpenCL computations, has been tested and launched...
- Users of SoundPLANnoise now have the opportunity to exploit this technology for themselves when using the indoor sound particle model for indoor noise and room acoustics calculations.
- Many types of indoor calculations in SoundPLAN run much faster using OpenCL.
- OpenCL calculations can significantly accelerate calculation times for a broad range of sound particle jobs because the hardware it exploits is designed to perform mathematical operations on data with a high degree of parallelism.
- The potential acceleration depends on the performance of the hardware, the geometry being simulated, the type of computation required, and the parameters being calculated, but these tools frequently offer advantages.
- If the hardware allows, it is possible to use the CPU and the GPU simultaneously to maximise the computing power of the PC.
- All common graphics cards (Nvidia, AMD) are supported.