Poole, June 13th, 2011 -- Lab Impex Systems has recently introduced the Ion chamber capability to its existing range of SIL rated instrumentation. The upgraded product has applications in gamma process monitoring and gamma interlock monitoring where the detector part of the monitoring system is routinely exposed to very high dose rates for prolonged periods. Such applications can now rely on proven back end SIL instrumentation [CMS-Interlock/Process-SIL] with the added benefit of front end detection [ION Chamber Detector & Ion Chamber Interface] to high dose rate intensity [in excess of 25,000 Sv/h] forming an integrated Functional Safety Envelope of: Detection, Decision and Termination to SIL2.
Some of the other significant features/benefits of this product are as follows:
- Uniform energy response (48 keV -1.25 MeV).
- IEC60532 compliant
- Functional Safety Envelope (FSE) at SIL 2, using standard LIS CMS Interlock SIL monitor
- Designed for use in very high dose rate areas. Measurement range from 100 µ Sv/h to 50Sv/h
- Maintains safety function (over-range condition) to dose rates in excess of 25,000 Sv/h
- Detector can be mounted 100 m from CMS (Continuous monitoring system) and 10 m from the ICI (Ion Chamber Interface)
- Capability for calibrated measurement quantities, engineering units, data log and SMART interfaces-all separate and outside of the declared FSE.
About Lab Impex Systems: Laboratory Impex Systems develop and supply radiation detection equipment and integrated nucleonic systems. The company has 35 years of experience catering for the high technological specification demands of: Defence, Nuclear, Medical and Industrial customers all over the world.