We are offering for sale a pre-owned Plasma Metal Recovery System (PMRS). The system is designed to process calcined electronics waste, automotive and chemical catalysts. It offers rapid precious metal returns in a closed loop system with a lower capital and operating costs than competing technologies. Due to changes in one of our clients business models, we are now in a position to be able to offer this plant at a highly competitive price and short delivery time. The plant will be upgraded to the latest design standard and will be offered with a full 12-month warranty and ongoing support in line with client requirements.
Spec of the Plasma Metal Recovery System
The equipment is specified for the treatment of six tonnes per day (1,850 tonnes per annum) of cordierite-based autocatalyst, but can treat other catalysts of differing substrate chemistry, to recover Precious Metals (PMs) and Platinum Group Metals (PGMs) as a collector metal alloy for subsequent final refining by other methods. The design basis for the system is de-canned cordierite-based autocatalyst, with up to 2.5% silicon carbide (SiC) diesel particulate filter (DPF) contamination.
The versatile plasma system will also offer the opportunity to process up to six tonnes per day of calcined electronic waste. The system is ready-made and tested by our in-house team, with the opportunity to ship the facility anywhere in the world.
Tetronics Success in Metal Recovery
Tetronics have extensive experience going back over 50 years in the development of advanced clean environmental processes for a range of industrial waste and secondary metallurgical streams including precious metal recovery. Tetronics’ Plasma Metal Recovery System (PMRS) enables high rates of material assimilation into the melt, higher intensity of operation, high technical recovery efficiency and flexibility of operation.
What Tetronics Plasma Systems Can Offer…
- Produces relatively low volumes of low viscosity slag at operating temperature range of 1300 – 1600°C.
- Uses iron as a solvent collector metal; because of the solubility of PM/PGMs in this metal and ease of subsequent final refining.
- High Intensity, efficient and rapid melting of powdered feeds and small particles without the requirement for pre-agglomeration or briquetting, which aligns with sampling and assay requirements of the PM industry.
- Plug flow process operation with the continuous separation and discharge of the clean slag phase, generated from the catalyst waste substrate and wash coat, and intermittent tapping of the PM – rich collector metal alloy.
- Quiescent furnace operation with engineered material residence times for settling and therefore good PM technical recoveries which enable sealing of the furnace against possible fugitive emissions.
- Good refractory performance with an inherently safe composite thermal design – refractory lining is replaced periodically to recover PM values.
- Ability to closely control the process chemistry independently of the electrical power input and therefore achieve both tight metallurgical and environmental control.
- Production of an inert slag product with the potential to be employed in the construction industry as an aggregate, subject to domestic qualification.
- Off-gas filtration system minimises PM/PGM loss and enables recycling of PM/PGM containing dusts to the plasma furnace.
Click here to contact us to find out more about the pre-owned plant we have for sale.