T,C&A Lab Unveils Aerospace Materials Testing
Aerospace materials require the highest standards for reliability, as the failure of any key components would result in catastrophe or immeasurable losses. Hence, in a recent statement, Alfa Chemistry’s testing branch, T,C&A Lab, announced plans to provide one-stop solutions for aerospace materials testing, aircraft and parts manufacturing companies, aircraft operators and maintenance companies, as well as aviation materials production and development organizations.
In the aviation industry, it is of paramount importance to verify raw materials, analyze failures, and conduct thorough tests on new products in order to maintain high safety standards.
“Aviation materials should meet the most stringent requirements such as high specific strength, high specific stiffness, excellent resistance to high and low temperature as well as good aging resistance and corrosion resistance,” said a senior scientist from T,C&A Lab. “Our team of metallurgists, chemists, mechanical engineers can provide insightful suggestions on material R&D all the way to final production.”
Aircraft engines, aerospace metal materials and parts, aerospace composite materials, aerospace electronics, new aerospace materials, and aviation oil are all within the testing scope of T,C&A Lab.
A comprehensive aerospace material testing should cover the following items:
- Corrosion testing, including: salt spray, humidity testing, passivation testing, temperature testing, etc.
- Cleanliness, covering: analysis of aviation oil product, debris analysis of aero-engine, analysis of oil filter cleanliness, analysis of cleanliness of wind power oil products, and more.
- Chemical Analysis, including ICP analysis (ICP-AES, ICP-MS), SEM/EDS, positive material identification (PMI), Fourier transform infrared spectroscopy (FTIR), GC-MS analysis, trace analysis, etc.
- Metallurgical Analysis, encompassing: microstructure, carburization/decarburization, inclusion rating, grain flow, microhardness, weld qualification, intergranular corrosion, coating and plating analysis, and carburized layer analysis.
- Material Physical Property Analysis, covering: tensile testing, impact testing, hardness testing, as well as testing of elastic modulus, coating adhesion, fastener fatigue, and stress rupture.
- Nondestructive Testings, including: ultrasonic testing, magnetic particle inspection, liquid penetrant inspection, X-ray inspection, ultrasonic testing, eddy current testing, industrial CT detection, and infrared testing.
- Fracture and Fatigue Testings, namely, fracture toughness testing and fatigue crack growth testing.
- Failure Analysis, including: the prevention of materials and structures, security assessment, reliability assessment, etc.
The whole testing process is conducted under the guidance of various regulations, such as ASTM A262, ASTM G28, ASTM G48, and ASTM A923. Please visit https://tcalab.alfa-chemistry.com/industries/aerospace-materials-testing.html to learn more about T,C&A Lab’s aerospace material testing capabilities.
About T,C&A Lab
T,C&A Lab is specialized in the testing, characterization, analysis, and interpretation of materials, as well as supplementing evidence for product design and development. Since its founding, T,C&A Lab has provided insightful suggestions for numerous projects on material testing. Currently, the lab can not only handle material assessment for rubber, plastic, textile, metal, ceramic, glass, coating, wood, and many other materials, but also the most demanding and complicated technical issues.
No comments were found for T,C&A Lab Unveils Aerospace Materials Testing. Be the first to comment!