ACME UniSet - Model UN-ECH Series - Stand-Alone Gas Monitor
The Acme UniSet, with its microprocessor-based system, features a high quality stand-alone controller providing all the necessary hardware for the continuous monitoring of a variety of toxic and combustible gases. This unit is primarily geared towards providing alarm activated relays for simple applications such as small parking garages. The UniSet employs the best sensing technologies available: electrochem and pellistor (catalytic combustion) cells . These quality components provide virtually instantaneous detection of targeted gasses and deliver long-term trouble-free operation.
Installed within the monitored space, the Uniset monitors targeted gas concentration rates and automatically operates the mechanical ventilation system of a facility. Upon detection of low levels of hazardous and flammable gases the ventilation system is energized thereby protecting occupants, personnel and gas-sensitive goods and products.
The Uniset contains all the well-known standard features of ACME’s gas detection line; a robust enclosure, the latest sensing technologies and state-of-the-art electronics.
- High-accuracy Electrochemical Cell sensor for toxic gases and Catalytic (Pellistor) for flammables
- 3 or 4-stage SPDT relay outputs with LED status indicators
- NEMA 3 Robust Enclosure
- Microprocessor-based control.
- 10-Step Bar-Graph Display of gas levels
- Programmable time delays to avoid nuisance alarms
- Optional 4-20mA, 0-1V DC, 0-5V DC or 0-10V DC analog output
- Optional remote sensor
- Energy savings through the intermittent operation of ventilation equipment in enclosed areas
- Commercial or industrial locations where a sudden build-up of toxic and/or flammable gases may occur
- Car Parking and Bus Maintenance Garages, Tunnels, Warehouses, Factories Food Processing and Bottling Plants, Wastewater Treatment Plants, Steel Mills, Cryogenic laboratories and Incineration Rooms
- Stand-alone with relay outputs or analog outputs for direct connection to the existing Building Management System (BMS) or DDCS
- Gases Detected: CO, NO, O, H, CH4 (Methane), C3H8 (Propane), NH3,H2S, Cl2
- Sensor Technology
- Toxic: 3-Electrode Electrochemical Cell
- Flammable: Catalytic Pellistor
- Sensing Method: Diffusion
- Power Requirements: 24V or 120V or 240V 50/60HZ
- Outputs: 3 or 4-stage Relay; Contact rating 3
- Optional: 4-20mA, or one of the following, 0-1VDC, 0-5V DC, 0-10VDC
- Operating Temperature: -4°F to 120°F (-20°C to +50°C)
- Humidity Range: 15-90%RH
- Accuracy: +/- 5% of Calibrated value (electrochemical sensors) +/- 1 LEL CH4 (pellistor)
- Repeatability: 2% of Signal
- Response Time (T$H>%): 40 seconds
- Expected Sensor Lifetime: Electrochcmical: 5 years for CO only, 2 years for other gases Pellistor: 3 years
- Enclosure: NEMA3, Polystyrene, Grey, Surface Mounting
- Dimensions: 5.2'x5.2'x3', (130mm x 130mm x 75mm)
- Approvals: CAN/CSA C22.2 No. 61010-1:2004, ANSI/UL 61010-1:2004