aCOLyte - Model 3 HD - Affordable Colony Counting Device
From Colony Counters
aCOLyte 3 HD is the latest affordable automated colony counting device, featuring new simple to use software that greatly improves efficiency, reliability and productivity.
The new aCOLyte 3 software uses a powerful new algorithm for colony counting on pour and spiral plates which until now were only found on the advanced ProtoCOL 3 models. Plates are automatically counted with results directly transferred to Excel or Open office.
The new style aCOLyte 3, recognisable by its black and silver colour, accepts plates up to 90mm diameter. Lighting is provided by LEDs mounted above and below the sample area for both transmitted and epi illumination. A detachable screen can be used to eliminate strong ambient light if required.
aCOLyte 3 can be used with any conforming laptop or desktop PC and connects simply by using a USB port.
- Low Cost
aCOLyte is a low cost entry into electronic colony counting. Using the Click‘n’Count or the SuperCount, results are saved on a PC enabling report generation and accuracy to be improved over manual methods.
With the SuperCount plates can be counted rapidly. Typically plates can be counted accurately in under 1 second.
- Image display
Unlike any manual system the aCOLyte shows you the image on your computer screen. Results can also be displayed.
- Powerful algorithm
The aCOLyte uses the powerful Synbiosis algorithm for accurate counting. A colony separator automatically splits touching colonies to further improve the accuracy of the counting process.
- Sensitive CCD camera
An integral CCD colour camera can be adjusted to increase the sensitivity of the detection enabling even the smallest of colonies to be imaged.
- Switchable lighting
The LED lighting can be switched from upper to lower options allowing for the detection of light and dark media types.
- PC connection : USB
- Resolution : For standard 90mm petri dishes, smallest detectable colony better than 0.3mm
- Illumination : Long-life upper and lower LED arrays with darkfield and brightfield
- Power input : 110/240v
- Minimum PC Specification
- Processor: Intel Core 2 or Core i processor 2.13 GHz or better 2Gb RAM, 4Gb recommended
- CD-Rom drive (required for software installation)
- 2 free independent USB 2.0 ports, at least one of which supports hi-speed mode. Note that there are three possible port speeds with USB 2.0: Lo-speed (1.5Mbps), full-speed (12Mbps) and hi-speed (up to 480Mbps). The aCOLyte camera requires a hi-speed port
- Graphics: Intel X4500 or better (Windows 7 Experience rating for graphics should be a minimum of 3.0, ideally higher)
- Hard drive: 160GB (or larger)
- Operating system: Windows XP Professional 32 bit version Service Pack 3 or Windows 7 Professional 32 bit and 64 bit version (Home versions not suitable, Windows Vista not supported)
- Monitor: 1280 x 1024 minimum resolution (not comptabile with lower resolutions as some elements of the application become inaccessible)
- Note: the combination of the minimum display resolution and the USB ports will preclude most laptops
aCOLyte 3 can be used for total viable counts in many environmental, food monitoring, pharmaceutical, clinical, and molecular biology applications.
Examples would include:
- E.coli, Enterococcus faecalis, Salmonella spp, and mixed organisms on plate count or nutrient agar.
- Staphylococcus aureus, and mixed organisms on plate count agar, columbia blood agar, or nutrient agar.
- E.coli on LB medium, and yeast on potato dextrose agar.