ACQUITY - Model Arc - Quaternary-Based Modern System
HPLC and UHPLC method compatibility at the flip of a switch. The ACQUITY Arc System is a quaternary-based, modern LC system for scientists working with established methods who are looking for the versatility and robustness required to bridge the gap between HPLC and UPLC while continuing to support validated assays.
- True plug-and-play method compatibility and the ability to switch between HPLC and UHPLC separations at the flip of a switch with Arc Multi-flow path Technology
- Get mass detection, without changing the way you work, with the ACQUITY QDa Detector
- Deploy the benefits of 2.x μm particle columns to boost the chromatographic performance of your methods
- On-demand mobile phase creation with Auto●Blend Plus Technology, eliminating the cumbersome and error-prone approach of manual preparation
Replicate your established methods
The ACQUITY Arc System can replicate your established HPLC methods by compensating for these differences with unique features such as the Arc Multi-Flow Path technology and Gradient SmartStart. These innovative attributes enable seamless replication of your existing chromatographic results to meet your acceptance criteria without changes to validated gradient tables.
Get seamless and efficient transfer, adjustment, or improvement of methods from any LC platform without compromise in method integrity or changes to validated gradient tables.
Go from HPLC to UHPLC with the flip of a switch
The ACQUITY Arc System is enabled by Arc Multi-flow path technology, novel technology that enables the user to easily switch between HPLC and UHPLC operation by selecting the dwell volume that best fits the column separation. System reliability and robustness ensures product consistency and compliance with regulatory guidelines, all while minimizing downtown and inefficiencies.
With the ACQUITY Arc System, maximize productivity through combining system dispersion characteristics with efficient and rapid 2.x um UHPLC separations. Or, accommodate larger, 3.0 - 5.0 um particles. This provides the flexibility to support a wide-range of LC applications.
Simplify your daily set-up
Improve your laboratory workflow with advanced software capabilities.
- Fully automate your daily system start-up, including system priming and equilibration, with Empower 3 Software
- Get real-time information on all of system components in one location, with a simple and intuitive interface using Instrument Console Software
- Prepare your pH buffers online from pure solvents, significantly reducing the time it takes to prepare mobile phases while improving the day-to-day repeatability of your preparations with Auto●Blend Plus Technology
Get an LC-MS solution that's as easy to use as photodiode array detection. The ACQUITY Arc System is fully compatible with the ACQUITY QDa Detector, supporting routine analysis applications and expanding the information you can get from your system using the same Empower Software.
- Confirm the identity of peaks in a separation without injecting standards
- Identify new peaks in a separation with molecular weight information
- Easily track peaks as method conditions are changed
Features and Benefits
- Quaternary solvent blending. Blend up to four solvents in any combination or proportion. Expand to up to nine solvent choices with the optional and integrated solvent-select valve for even greater flexibility.
- Plug-and-play method compatibility with HPLC or UHPLC with the flip of a switch. Easily replicate or improve established methods by simply selecting Path 1 (HPLC) or Path 2 (UHPLC) without any manual user intervention. Automatically counteract differences in system dwell volume without the need to alter gradient table inputs.
- Minimize carryover (<0.002%) by continuously cleansing the needle during the run with an advanced flow-through-needle design.
- Flexible column management, providing stable, uniform temperature management with integrated pre-heating options to ensure method repeatability from lab to lab. Optional and integrated column selection valve provide fast, unattended column changeover.
- Directly program gradients in units of pH and ionic strength with Auto●Blend Plus Technology, providing the ability to vary composition in even the smallest increments of pH. This eliminates the cumbersome and error-prone approach of manually preparing mobile phase solutions.
- Ensure method repeatability from lab to lab with column heater and column heater/cooler options.
- Maximize HPLC and UHPLC performance with a full line of optical detection options.
- Push-button mass detection with the ACQUITY QDa Detector.
- Compliance-ready. Qualification of laboratory instrumentation is an integral part of compliance with regulatory and quality standards such as GMP, GLP, ISO 17025, USP <1058>, and others. The ACQUITY Arc System supports Waters Empower based automated system qualification tool (SQT), which minimizes the time and cost associated with annual qualification.
- Supported in both Empower and MassLynx Software