International Dioxcide’s patent pending design integrates the highest levels of safety, functionality, and industrial robustness in a self-contained modular design that is easy to install and requires a small footprint. The critical design principle in the ADOX InLine generator is the reaction and delivery of chlorine dioxide in a safe, reliable, and easy-to-operate manner. The ADOX InLine generator uses sodium hypochlorite (bleach) and hydrochloric acid to react with the precursor sodium chlorite to generate chlorine dioxide.
The ADOX InLine chlorine dioxide generator offers:
- Robust industrial design - needs minimal maintenance
- Precise dosage control - eliminates wasted chemical
- Patent pending design includes numerous built-in safety features
- Vacuum-based design, chemical feeds are never pumped
- Multiple operator modes
- Highly efficient reaction
- Wide production range
- NSF 61 certified
All ADOX™ generators are affordable, safe, and highly efficient systems that can typically be installed and operating in one to two days. A supply of potable quality water, precursor chemical feed lines, a chlorine dioxide application line, and a power feed are the only connections required for most ADOX InLine installations.
The ADOX InLine is used in heavy industrial applications. The ADOX InLine generator uses sodium hypochlorite (bleach) and hydrochloric acid to react with the precursor sodium chlorite to generate chlorine dioxide as shown below.
2NaClO2 + NaOCl + 2HCl = 2ClO2 + 3NaCl + H2O
This reaction theoretically yields 100% conversion of sodium chlorite to chlorine dioxide and a generator efficiency of greater than 95% of the theoretical yield is achievable. Alternative reaction chemistry using different precursors are also available from International Dioxcide. Capacities can range from 30 pounds per day to 10,000 pounds per day. Alternative reaction chemistry using different precursors are also available from International Dioxcide.
The ADOX InLine design centers around a safe, reliable, and easy-to-operate chlorine dioxide generator platform. The ADOX InLine utilizes an eductor so that the precursor chemicals are drawn from their storage under vacuum and remain under vacuum until the safely diluted reaction is complete. The proper flow of the motive water through International Dioxcide’s eductor-based technology creates a vacuum, which ensures that chemicals are only drawn into the generator when motive water is flowing. This approach minimizes any chance for precursor leakage or unsafe chemical reactions.
The vacuum based ADOX InLine design eliminates the need for metering pumps with their inherent need for frequent maintenance, reliability problems, and concerns with high pressure leaks of hazardous chemicals. If the motive water supply water is lost, vacuum is no longer being created and chemicals will stop being pulled into the generator. The ADOX™ InLine chemical reaction takes place in the dilution water to ensure that the chemical concentrations are proportionally maintained at a safe level, whereas, this would not be the case with metering pumps.
Other important features include:
- Highest efficiency - 95%+ efficient
- Filters on all chemical feeds to ensure reliable feed
- Check valves on all chemicals to avoid backflow
- ClO2 produced is immediately diluted
- Clear schedule 80 piping at eductor area to monitor the chlorine dioxide generation
- Multiple operational modes for greater operational flexibility
- Operator controlled - manual ClO2 generation
- Flow compensating auto dosing
- Dynamic auto dosing based on feedback sensors
- Water monitoring and remote WAN monitoring capable
- No “pre-reaction” chamber to flush
- No build-up of salt scaling in eductor
- Eductor-based design for increased safety (elimination of all chemical pumps)
- Increased chemical reaction safety due to 100% of the chemical reaction occurring in water
- Wide production range capability (up to 10,000 ppd)
- Small footprint ~ 57″ L x 31″ W x 43″ H
- Engineered with highest safety standards
The ADOX MG Inline utilizes a simple and easy-to-learn operational interaction between the user and the generator equipment making the task of operating the generator effortless. To ensure reliable operation International Dioxcide engineers selected generator components that have met International Dioxcide’s stringent standards for quality and reliability during the company’s 70+ years of operation. If service is needed the user-friendly design layout will make the repair easy for trained staff. All electrical systems are audited to UL 508A standards. Additional items include:
- Powered by single phase 120 VAC 20 Amp service
- Use of low voltage (24 Volt DC) components for safety
- User-friendly PLC
- Simple HMI operation with event logging and ethernet connectivity
- Dynamic dosing is based on a 4-20 mA signal
- Monitoring of all chemical lines and water flows to ensure proper and safe operation
- Precision flow measurement control
- Simplified installation and connectivity
The ADOX InLine generator has a flexible alarm architecture that allows you to configure most alarms. You are able to configure the system to alarm on practically any measured condition that is not as expected. These include:
- Loss of motive (or supply) water flow or pressure deviations
- Water valve failure
- Loss of power
- Loss of chemical precursor(s)
- Bulk chemical supply alarm (selectable feature)
- pH deviation (selectable feature)
- Emergency stop activation
International Dioxcide engineers, designs, manufactures, and tests its chlorine dioxide generators with in-house resources. Each generator is tested to ensure the machine meets your specification in your environment. This ensures smooth installation and commissioning.
International Dioxcide custom engineers chlorine dioxide generators to meet the needs of any unusual application requirement. International Dioxcide’s support capabilities include all the required technological and analytical capabilities necessary to assess and design specific treatment needs and to help deliver the desired performance objectives. International Dioxcide also offers on-site customer assistance programs that are tailored to support the successful application of chlorine dioxide at your facility.