The air filter is the vital element of the engine; it is the equivalent of lungs for human beings.
- Allow the engine to breathe a cleaner air.
- Hold the abrasive particles suspended in the air, thus protecting the carburetor and the injection system of the engine, and avoid streaks on all moving parts of the engine.
- An increase in the pressure drop during engine air intake.
- Combustion problems (unbalanced air to fuel ratio).
- Drop-in vehicle performance.
- Increase in polluting gas emission and unburned fuel.