AirSense - Model PEN3 - Portable Electronic Nose
Intelligent Chemical Sensor for identification of gases and vapours. The PEN, also called E-Nose, is our small, fast and robust identification system for gases and gas mixtures. The detection of the gases is performed with an array of gas sensors.
Single compounds or mixtures of gases can be identified, after a training stage, by using the pattern generated from the sensors. Using various algorithms, the instrument is able to identify up to 10 different compounds, or provides a straightforward answer like 'Good-Bad', 'Yes-No' depending on the needs of the user. The instrument can also deliver a quantitative statement. Because of its particular sampling strategy our detector can be operated in the laboratory, or in mobile applications in the environment as well as online for process control applications.
PEN3 is based on a metal-oxide gas sensor array in a small measurement chamber. Using a specific dilution technique protects the system from overloading with substances, which extended the life time of the sensors and the cycle times are shortened. By this gas-flow control to stabilize the pattern under varying concentrations and analytical conditions is possible.
Individual gases or gas mixtures are classified by their pattern and after a workout recognized. In this case, the unit provides a quick and simple quantitative answer as good or bad, yes or no ... . Even qualitative answers can be given by training and comparison with the database. With its variety of pattern recognition algorithms allows the system to a broad range of applications both in the laboratory, and industrial are applied.
- dosage of spices in food production
- supervision of industrial cleaning processes,
- fermentation processes
- dosage of artificial odour in natural gas
- production of polymer packaging material for food industry
- frying or roast process control
Rancidity of oils, freshness of food, off odour in packaging materials, residual solvents in polymers, degradation of flavours, off odour in medicine, characterization of resins or aroma in beverages.
Environmental & Safety Control
Odour in waste water purification plants or in compost plants (correlation with olfactometry), supervision of filters, solvents at workplace atmosphere, smouldering fires, identification of bacteria, leakage control or combustion emissions.
- Sensitive intelligent sensors
- Portable instrument with integrated display
- Small, fast, flexible and robust
- On-line sampling technique
- Integrated dilution control
- Works with computer or in standalone mode
- Data logger and off-line analysis
- Sensor technology: hot sensors, working temperature 350°C … 500°C
- Sensor array: 10 different metal oxides single thick film sensors, optional adapted to application
- Sensors response time: typical: less than 1 second
- Inlet Sampler: special fluidic connector
- Sample flow: adjustable, 10ml/min to 400ml/min
- Flow system: internal pumps, internal sample dilution system
- Measurement time: depending on the application from 4 seconds to some minutes
- typical: 1 minute (20s measurements, 40s zero gas)
- Sensitivity: LOD 0.1 to 5ppm for gases and organic solvents, e.g. 0.1ppm H2S
- Display: graphical display
- Dimension: 255 x 190 x 92 mm
- Weight: 2.1 kg
- Temperature typical: 0°C to 45°C
- Humidity (relative): 5 % to 95 %, non-condensing
- Main power: Power supply: 110 to 230VAC; max 30W or 12VDC (optional)
- Computer interface: USB port or serial RS-232 (optional)
- Operating system: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Software: WinMuster for data collection, evaluation and analysis, Algorithm for analyse: Euclid, Correlation, Mahalanobis, DFA, PCA, LDA and PLS