Aldex - Model C-800 - Water Softening Resin Sodium Form
From Water Softening
NSF/ANSI 61 and NSF/ANSI 44 Certified. Aldex C-800 is a high capacity, high quality, gel-type cation resin capable of meeting the most exacting requirements of household, farm, commercial, institutional and industrial water softeners. It is supplied in the sodium form as dark amber colored translucent beads in 1 cubic foot bags and larger bulk packages.
No Clorinated Solvents
The absence of chlorinated solvents in the manufacturing of Aldex C-800 results in very low TOC leakage.
Very low color, taste or odor
Aldex C-800 meets the requirements for paragraph 173.25 of the Food Additive Regulation of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration.
30,000 grains of softening capacity when regenerated with 15 lbs of NaCl per cu. ft. and 20,000 grains with 6 lbs of NaCl per cu.ft. ensuring high efficiency and low operating costs.
Strong and durable beads insure long service life.
Over 34 years of actual field usage by thousands of customers demonstrate the reliability of Aldex C-800.
- Resin Composition: Sulfonated styrene / divinylbenzene copolymer
- Ionic Form as Shipped: Sodium (Na+)
- Physical Form: Dark amber color, translucent beads
- Moisture Content: 45 to 49.9%
- Total Capacity: 1.9 meq/ml minimum
- 41 kilograins as CaCO3 per cubic foot
- Odor and Taste: None
- Specific Gravity: 1.28
- Net Weight (as shipped): 50 lbs per cubic foot
- Particle Size: 16 to 50 mesh - Less than 0.5% through 50 mesh
- Influent pH: No restrictions
- Maximum Temperature: 250 °F
- Bed Depth:
- Minimum 24”
- Normal 36”
- Service Flow Rate: 1 to 5 US GPM per cubic foot
- Backwash Flow Rate: See Fig. 2
- Regenerant: Sodium Chloride (NaCl) or Potassium Chloride (KCl)
- Regenerant Strength: 5 to 15%, usually 10%
- Regenerant Flow Rate: 0.3 to 1.0 US GPM per cubic foot of resin
- Regenerant Contact Time: 15 to 60 minutes
- Regenerant Dosage Level: 2 to 15 lb per cubic foot
- Slow Rinse (Displacement) Flow Rate: 0.3 to 1.0 US GPM per cubic foot of resin
- Slow Rinse Volume: 20 USG per cubic foot resin
- Fast Rinse Rate: 1.0 to 5.0 US GPM per cubic foot resin
- Fast Rinse Volume: 30 USG per cubic foot resin