AMETEK PI - Model 2850 - Moisture Analyzer
AMETEK’s 2850 Moisture Analyzer establishes a new standard in clean gas moisture analyzers: ultrafast response speed, exceptional accuracy, virtually no interferences, multigas compatibility, and on-board measurement verification. This unique combination of capabilities makes the 2850 the moisture analyzer of choice for monitoring process desiccant dryers, instrument air dryers, or air separators, and for industrial gas production and quality assurance.
Industrial Gas Production and Quality Assurance
Compressed industrial gas suppliers need accuracy to certify compressed gas quality. They need fast dry-down response to ensure that the analyzer comes back on-line quickly after a slug of moisture, and they need complete multigas compatibility. Compare the performance of your present moisture analyzer with the Model 2850; accuracy to 50 ppbv, less than five minute dry-down time in the 1 to 100 ppmv range and the compatibility with virtually all compressed gases, including CO2, hydrogen and oxygen. Finally, there is one analyzer which meets all your analytical and operational needs.
Cryogenic Air Separation
Cryogenic separation produces inherently dry gas, typically on the order of a few hundred ppbv. Suddenly increasing moisture is a widely used alarm condition because of the danger of catastrophic freeze-up and the downtime it causes. The Model 2850 answers this need perfectly, with sensitivity to 20 ppbv, fast response to increasing moisture, and reliable trend indication in the critical 100 ppbv to 1 ppmv alarm range.
Many industrial applications use desiccant dryers to remove moisture from process gases. Typically, these dryers operate in parallel: when the first dryer becomes saturated, the process gas is switched to the second while the first is regenerated. Used as the dryer outlet monitor, the Model 2850 provides internal measurement verification, fast wet-up response time, fast dry-down response time, wide measurement range, and superior accuracy. Plant operators can extend the dryer regeneration cycle reducing regeneration costs using the reliable, accurate Model 2850.
- Range: Operating range 0.1 to 1000 ppmv. Factory calibrated rante 1 to 100 ppmv with trend indication above and below the calibrated range. (Display will not display values below 0.1 ppmv) Two custom settable 4 to 20 mA outputs are available which may be assigned to cover any portion of the calibrated range, such as 1 to 100 ppmv
- Outputs: Four line x 20 character vacuum fluorescent digital display
- Two fully progammable 4 to 20 mA analog outputs, into 1200 ohm load
- RS485 bidirectional serial port
- Alarms: Three pairs: system, alarm, range alert/or calibration alert, concentration alert/or calibration alert. 32 volt, 1 amp noninductive (failsafe by default)
- Sensitivity: 20 ppbv or 0.5% of insturment range, whichever is greater
- Response Time: 63% to a step change in less than 5 minutes
- Accuracy: ±0.05 ppmv or ±5% of the reading whichever is greater
- Operating Pressure: Atmospheric
- Inlet Pressure: 1 to 10 bars (15 to 150 psig)
- Exhaust Pressure: Atmoshpheric
- Sample Flow Requirements: less than 600 mL/min at STP
- Sample Gas Temperature: 0º to 100ºC (32º to 212ºF)
- Ambient Operating Range: 4º to 40ºC (40º top 105ºF), 90% relative humidity, non-condensing, non-corrosive atmoshphere
- Software Features: Displays ppmv moisture reading or dew point timer status and instrument status
- Power Requirements: 85 to 265 volts, 47 to 63 Hz
- Mounting Options: Available for stand-alone or 19' rack installation
- Dimensions (WxHxD): 43.2 x 13.2 x 38.1 cm (17 x 5.2 x 15 in)
- Rack-mount version: Same as above except height is 22.1 cm (8.71 in)
- NEC Div 2