From Submersible Probes
Algae can be represented under various shapes, like the green, brown, red algae and micro-algae. They grow in water and more specifically in sunny environments, because they produce their energy from light thanks to photosynthesis. Algae can then proliferate suddenly and induce either health risks if they release toxins and risks for the local fauna and flora. On the other hand, algae can be used for diverse application in biotechnologies and especially for their biomass valorization and energy production.
The MicroFlu-Chl probe is a submersible miniaturized fluorimeter for the fluorescence measurement of chlorophyll-a, found in algae and cyanobacteria. The light emitted by the probe (470 nm) make fluoresce the chlorophyll flowing in front of the optical window. This visible light emitted by the fluorescence, of a higher wavelength (685 nm), is then detected and measured by a photodiode integrated in the probe.
The probe works without sampling and does not require calibration. The only maintenance operation consists in recalibrate the system once every 2 years. This operation as well as the general restoration is made in a calibration workshop.
- Recreational water, lake and river monitoring
- Drinking water resource monitoring
- Aquaculture monitoring
- Laboratory measurement
The MicroFlu Chl probe is a fluorimeter that measure specifically chlorophyll-a, a pigment found in algae and phytoplancton. The light emitted by the probe (470 nm) make fluoresce the chlorophyll-a and the light reflected by the fluorescence (685 nm) is measured in return by the probe. The chlorophyll-a quantity increase is an algal growth indicator.
- Light source Ultra luminous Blue LED
- Detection Photodiode with interferential filters
- Average excitation wavelength 470 nm, Pass-band 10 nm
- Average detection wavelength 685 nm, Pass-band 20 nm
- Calibration Chlorophyll-a fluorescence
- Measurement ranges 0 to 20 µg/l, 0 to 200 µg/l
- Sensitivity 0,02 µg/l
- Pulse Response time 10 Hz, 100 ms
- Output signal 0 - 5 V and RS232
- LED control Automatic with loss of power compensation
- Dimensions Diameter 48 mm, Length 217 mm
- Material Stainless steel, Titanium
- Weight in air 0,7 kg (stainless steel), 0,5 kg (titanium)