AquaVial Rx Dental Waterline Quality Indicator is an innovative test designed to detect microbial contaminants in dental waterlines. AquaVial Rx was developed using start-of-the-art technology. AquaVial Rx provides fast, reliable, and easy to use water quality monitoring tools Aquavial RX – Genemis to dental professionals.
- AquaVial Rx is a dental waterline quality indicator designed to detect dangerous bacteria such as mycobacteria, legionella, E coli and other.
- AquaVial RX is designed specifically for use in dental offices for testing and monitoring of dental waterline units.
AquaVial Rx offers a few advantages over competitive water test kits:
- WIDEST BACTERIA DETECTION RANGE OF ANY RAPID MICROBIAL TESTING AVAILABLE TO CONSUMERS: AquaVial detects disease-causing bacteria such as E coli, Staphylococcus aureus, Salmonella, Legionella, Mycobacteria, Pseudomonas Aeruginosa and other Pseudomonas and many other strains known to be responsible for biofilm formation in water system
- RELIABLE AND FAST RESULTS: Every test kit provides 100% reliable results in as little as 15 minutes
- 3 TESTS IN ONE: One vial test for bacteria, biofilm and fungi
- NO EXTRA COSTS: No shipping fees for sending samples to a laboratory.
AquaVial is based on a cutting-edge technology developed at the University of Waterloo in Canada. It uses functionalized nano-particles that attach to the outer cell membrane of microorganisms. It is a non-specific, quantitative method that does not require any growth media – and this is what makes the test different.
The test is based on a color change produced by a change in aggregation of the nanoparticles in the solution, as they attach to the cell membrane, which leads to a shift in color from pink to purple, and a decrease in color intensity (from colored to clear) that can be seen visually observed, or measured using a colorimeter.
AquaVial Rx was developed specifically for dental waterline monitoring and it has been sold in Canada since 2014.
AquaVial Rx is designed to detect bacteria and fungi above the ADA recommended limit of 500 colony forming units per ml (CFU/ml).
Today, AquaVial technology is used in a wide range of applications, including: testing the effectiveness of water treatment (before and after), testing drinking water from municipal water supply, well water, pool and hot tub water, cooling water, clear beverages, etc.
Weight 2. lbs
Dimensions 12 × 12 × 4 in
AquaVial Rx presentation
Additional information ( technical information, SDS) is available upon request.