From VOC Products
Static headspace is one of the most popular techniques due to its versatility for analyzing volatile organic compounds (VOCs) in a complex variety of matrices. This is due to the elimination of tedious sample preparation steps and prevents contamination problems that are common to other sample introduction techniques. Teledyne Tekmar draws on our experience as a leader in low-level VOC analysis with the introduction of this companion autosampler to the Headspace product line.
Versa is the perfect solution for applications which require all the advantages of headspace analysis and is economical to fit any budget.
- Small on size yet big on value (only 12' wide)
- 20-position autosampler/single position platen oven
- 22mL vials
- Sample heating to 200°C throughout pathway
- Built-in pressure control to ensure consistent volume for all samples regardless of external conditions
- Inert sample pathway including transfer line, sample needle, and loop provide superior analytical results by eliminating adsorption and reducing carryover
- Automatic leak check and Benchmark test for quick troubleshooting
- Simple method development using Method Optimization Mode (M.O.M.)
- Versa TekLink 2G software for use as standard or full 21 CFR compliance
The Versa can quickly and accurately identify residual solvents in bulk or finished pharmaceuticals as prescribed in the United States Pharmacopeia (USP) and meets all of the guidelines per USP Method.
Other applications include:
- Dissolved Gas Analysis per Method RSK-175
- Contaminants in packaging materials
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) in drinking water, wastewater, and soils
- Screening of high level samples with EPA Method 5021
- China Environmental Method GB-5749
- Flavor and Fragrance profiling
- Forensics and Toxicology
Versa comes with easy-to-use and proven TekLink 2G software that operates from Windows XP or higher and includes 21 CFR compliance tools. All instrument parameters, method scheduling and editing can be programmed.
Benchmark - Versa TekLink 2G is capable of performing useful diagnostics such as a Leak Check and Benchmark test. The Benchmark screen contains an interactive program that tests the Versa components including heaters, LEDs, valves, and the continuity of inputs and outputs.
Method Optimization Mode (M.O.M.) - Developing a new method to achieve the best analytical results for an application can be both difficult and time consuming. With Method Optimization Mode, the analyst can optimize different method variables such as platen temperature, sample equilibration time, pressurization, mixing, loop fill, and inject times and substantially shorten the time required for method development.
The method starts with a value and the parameter of choice will increment during the optimization process. For example, a value of 10 will increment the platen/sample temperature by 10oC for every sample. The first sample will be heated to 50oC, the next sample at 60oC, and so on.
- Autosampler Capacity: 20-Position
- Platen Heater: Single position; ambient to 200°C via resistance heater settable in 1°C increments
- Vial Size: 22mL vials
- Sample Loop: Ships with a standard 1mL Silco coated loop. Other optional loop sizes include 100, 250, 500μL as well as 2, 3, and 5mL
- Sample Mixing: System allows variable power settings from low / medium / high
- Sample Pathway: Siltek tubing. Entire sample pathway temperature controlled up to 200°C
- Software: Versa TekLink 2G software in a Windows XP or greater environment via USB connection Versa TekLink 2G can be configured for full 21 CFR Part 11 compliance tool capability
- GC Interface: Interface to virtually all commercially available GC instruments. Supplies or accepts GC and Data System start/ready signals via software selectable GC/IO configuration
- Pressure Control: Software has the ability to control pressure to ensure consistent volume regardless of external conditions for all samples via a pressure transducer
- Valving: Motor-actuated 6-port valve with removable rotor (controlled from ambient to 200°C)
- Voltage Requirements: 100/115 VAC ±5%, 50/60 Hz, 5 amps & 220/240 VAC ±5%, 50/60 Hz, 2.5 amps
- Gas Requirements: Ultra-high purity (99.999%) Helium or Nitrogen; incoming pressure: 45 - 140 psig
- Unit Dimensions: 21in (53.34cm) x 12in (30.48cm) x 21in (53.34cm)
- (H x W x D): 40lbs (18.14kg)
- Weight: Operating Temperature: 10° to 30°C; Storage Temperature: -20° to 60°C;
- Environmental Conditions: Relative Humidity: 10% to 90%
- Corrosion Resistance: The chassis and carousel tray are resistant to aqueous samples with pH range 1-10
- Certifications: CE, CETL, CSA, ETL