Automess - Model 6150AD 5/6 - Radiation Protection Measuring Instrument
Universal radiation protection measuring instrument for X-rays, Gamma, Alpha and Beta radiation.
- Built in GM detector.
- Displays dose & dose rate.
- Programmable dose & dose rate alarm.
- Connects to PC.
- Non-volatile dose memory (data is not lost if switched off).
- Automatically recognises attached probe for plug & play performance.
- Display range and units adjusted automatically.
- Battery life: Approx 1000 service hours.
- PTB & GSF approved (recognised by HPA).
- Sturdy, waterproof aluminium die cast housing.
- Intrinsically safe version (see industrial applications).
The 6150 AD 5 or 6 dose rate meter has a combination analogue digital display, for at glance indication of dose or count rate and an easy to read numeric indication.
Automess 6150AD smart probes : the internal GM tube of the 6150AD 5 or 6 disconnects automatically when a probe is connected and the number of the probe appears on the screen.
- Detector (energy compensated): AD5: GM tube ZP1310 effective length 16mm, sensitivity approx. 500 pulses per µSv, AD6: GM tube ZP1200 effective length 40mm, sensitivity approx. 5800 pulses per µSv
- Energy Range: AD5: 45 keV - 2.6 MeV, AD6: 60 keV - 1.3 MeV
- Temperature Range: -30°C to +50°C deviation max. ±10% referred to indication at +20°C
- Humidity: Nominal range 60 to 130 kPa (600 to 1300 mbar)
- Power Supply: 9V battery (alkaline according to IEC 6LR61 recommended) or 9V accumulator (rechargeable battery)
- Housing: Aluminium die-cast, waterproof, protection class IP 67 according to DIN 40050
- Buzzer: Piezo budder inside the housing
- Dimensions: 130 x 80 x 29 mm3
- Weight: Approx. 400 g
- Carrying Strap: Plastic, easy to decontaminate, length 1m
The 6150AD is a portable, battery operated dose rate meter to measure photon radiation (gamma and X-radiation). A built-in GM counting tube serves as the detector.
As implied by the letters »AD« in its name, the 6150AD displays the current dose rate in both analog and digital form. Furthermore, it permanently measures dose rate mean value, dose rate maximum value, and accumulated dose.
All models have alarm thresholds for dose rate, some models also for dose. Some models have programmable thresholds that allow you to set alarm thresholds to any value within the instrument’s range. All models support audible single pulse detection.
The display is a static (non-multiplexed) LCD the backlight of which can be switched on by pressing a key. In order to save batteries, the backlight automatically goes off after ten seconds.
The housing is made of waterproof aluminium die casting and has a dark grey scratch-resistant coating which is much more robust than enamel or similar. Two eyelets at the bottom corners of the instrument serve to fasten the carrying strap.
The top side carries four keys made of silicone rubber, which provide a clear tactile feel, and which can be easily operated even with heavy working gloves. A piezo buzzer emits audible signals using the housing area among the four keys as a diaphragm, so that no hole is required for a loudspeaker. The instrument is thus easy to decontaminate. The reverse side carries a short form instruction label and the battery compartment cover, which is fitted with two twist locks.
The socket on the left-hand side of the instrument serves to connect external probes and includes an RS232 output to transmit dose rate indication to a computer.