Axis - Electrostatic Precipitator (ESP)
Electrostatic precipitator (ESP) is designed for cleaning solid particles in combustion products, which are produced in the biofuel-fired furnace and have released the essential part of thermal energy in the boiler. Depending on the content of solid particles in the flue gas and the required clean-up level, an ESP filter may consist of two cleaning fields, and in extraordinary cases can be equipped with three fields. The filter construction and the number of fields is individually defined during the design of every process depending on flue gas flow, fuel composition, solid particle content before filter, and the required solid particle content after filter.
The ESP is equipped with a fully automatic control system.
Ash is removed from the ESP in two ways: chain conveyors or conical ash hoppers. In the first case, ESP is provided with an internal hydraulically controlled chain conveyor system. Ash is pushed to the screw conveyor at the start of the filter’s bottom, which moves the ash into the feeder in the conveyor’s centre. In the second case, the ESP bottom is not flat but consists of several conical ash hoppers, which are connected at the bottom by a screw conveyor.
- High flue gas clean-up level conforming to the most stringent requirements.
- Option to utilise poor quality fuel with high ash content.
- Defined supply volume, reliable solutions and equipment.
- Easy maintenance.
- Pressure inside the filter: ± 2500 Pa
- Design temperature: 350 °C
- Flue gas velocity inside the filter: ~1,0 m/s
- Aerodynamic drag: 200–300 Pa
- Solid particle content after esp: 20–50 mg/Nm³