Beyond - Two Phase Decanter Centrifuge Separator
The decanter centrifuge separator is mainly composed of a rotating drum, a spiral, a differential, and a machine base. The rotating drum and the spiral rotate with the same direction at a certain differential high speed. The material is continuously transferred into the spiral inner cylinder by the feed pipe and enters the rotating drum after acceleration. Under the action of the centrifuge force field, heavier solids are deposited on the drum wall to form a sediment layer. The spiral continuously pushes the deposited solid phase to the cone end of the drum and discharges it out of the machine through the slag discharge port. The lighter liquid phase forms an inner liquid ring, which overflows the drum continuously from the large end overflow port of the drum and is discharged out of the machine through the liquid discharge port.
- Separation technology plays important role in the production of juice, helping to preserve the precious natural substance of fruits and vegetables. We offer various decanter separator systems for the efficient production of high-quality fruit and vegetable juice.
- Decanters are used for the extraction of finely solubilized fruit and vegetable mashes, they excel in high yields and can be used flexibly for fruit juice extraction and solid-liquid separating in fruit juice processing.
- The decanter centrifuge has high throughput and high efficiency, optimum hygiene, gentle extraction, rapid juicing, reliable discharge of solids for varying consistency, lower water and energy consumption feature.
- It can be used for a wide range of fruit and vegetable juice extracting and solid-liquid separating like cherries, berries, dates, grapes, tropical fruits, root vegetables, herbs, peas and medical plants.
So as to realize the separation of liquid and solid phases with different density. This machine can continuously feed, separate and unload material under high-speed operation, it has the characteristics of compact structure, continuous operation, stable operation, strong adaptability, large production capacity and convenient maintenance. It is suitable for separating suspensions containing solid phase with a particle size greater than 0.005mm, a weight concentration ratio0.05g/cm3. Widely used in food and beverage, environmental protection, chemical, non-mineral, pharmaceutical and other industries.
The Structure of the Decanter Centrifuge Separator
Feeding: The material is fed into the distribution chamber of the screw conveyor through the feed pipe, where the material is smoothly accelerated and enters the rotating drum through the outlet of the screw conveyor.
Drum: Separate the materials in the cone and column drum. The drum rotates at a certain speed according to the separation requirements. The mixed liquid rotates under the drive of the drum, forming a concentric liquid layer along with the drum shell, mixing The denser solids in the liquid are deposited on the inner wall of the drum under the action of centrifugal force.
Screw conveyor: The screw conveyor and the drum rotate asynchronously in the same direction, and the separated solid is pushed toward the cone section along the axial direction. The cone section has a certain cone angle. The residence time of the solids in the cone section can be achieved by changing the differential speed. The length of time is an important factor in determining the moisture content of the solid. The solid deposited on the inner wall of the drum is pushed by the screw conveyor to the solid slag outlet of the drum and discharged.
Overflow plate: The liquid flows to the cylindrical end of the drum after clarification, and flows out through the adjustable overflow plate. The overflow plate determines the depth of the liquid layer. The greater the depth of the liquid layer, the higher the liquid phase clarification. The clarified liquid is discharged by gravity. According to the requirements of material separation, a suitable overflow plate can be selected.
Drive Method of Decanter Centrifuge
The common driving methods of decanter centrifuge are single motor drive, dual-motor drive and hydraulic transmission
- Single motor drive: The drum and screw are driven by the same motor, and it is difficult to control and adjust the differential speed. Now it is rarely used.
- Dual-motor drive: The drum and the spiral are driven by the main motor and the auxiliary motor, and are equipped with dual-frequency electric control boxes, which can easily adjust the speed and differential speed, and are widely used.
- Hydraulic transmission: the high-speed hydraulic motor is used to drive the drum, and the low-speed high-torque hydraulic motor (hydraulic differential) is used to directly drive the screw, and the corresponding hydraulic pump station is equipped. It can realize step-less speed regulation and differential speed less than lr/min. Compared with mechanical differential, the torque transmitted by hydraulic differential is the largest under the same size. The disadvantage is the high price.
Three Major Applications of Decanter Centrifuge
The decanter is used when particles of a larger size and high solids proportions in the suspension need to be processed. It is specially designed to the needs in the fruit and juice industry. Decanters have been developed for high clarifying performance and the maximum possible degree of solids dewatering.
When the decanters applied to fruit juice extraction from banana, mango, and other high viscosity fruit puree, it can separate off pips, peels hard tissues, peels black dots in puree. Centrifuges and decanters separate and clarify fast and efficiently with optimum yield.
- Solid-phase dehydration: the solid particles used to process the material get the dehydration effect.
- Particle size classification: used to remove solid particles with larger particle size in feed liquid.
Liquid phase clarification: used to remove solid particles in suspension to obtain a clear liquid.