Brackett Green - Model CF100 - Band Screens For Advanced Water
Screening is essential to many industries. Brackett Green CF100 band screens offer the highest screening efficiency due to our patented technology, which eliminates hair-pinning, with zero carryover. The free-standing unit uses a single motor, reducing power consumption and it's easy to install. Where screening to 2mm, 3mm or 5mm and flow requirements is from 50 to 1,500 L/s, CF100 band screens are your first choice in screening. We support channel widths between 0.70m and 2.50m.
CF100 band screens regularly replace straight-through screens, step screens, raking screens and other less efficient screens on inlet works, outfall sites and storm installations.
Brackett Green CF100 features:
- All Brackett Green screens are of high quality and of substantial rigid frame construction.
- Centre Flow (CF) band screens provide the highest screenings capture in the industry today with capture ratios from 80%-93%
- Brackett Green Centre Flow design, proprietary contact seals ensures nothing larger than mesh aperture bypasses the screen.
- Ovivo’s proprietary sizing technology and program software insures proper sizing of screens for the control of critical entrance, screen and exit flow velocities while maintaining acceptable head losses and plant hydraulics.
- Anti-friction bearings
- Positive sealing so that nothing larger than the screen mesh aperture size can bypass the screen
- Patented panels eliminate the need for brush gear
The CF100 band screens adopt a central flow pattern, i.e. water enters the center of the screen, flows through the bottom and two sides of the moving band of proprietary and patented screen panels that run parallel to flow, discharge and recombine to flow downstream. Research and testing has proven that the centre flow pattern to be the most efficient engineering design today to reduce, eliminate and control both carryover and bypassing of screenings at the headworks of a sewage treatment plant.
The design has been standardised so that the machine is available with two front opening sizes and screening panel width increments of 150mm.
Debris elevation is by means of an endless band of screening panels through which the water passes from the inside to the outside of the band. Debris collected on the mesh panels is raised to deck level and removed by backwashing with wash water jets. The wash water and debris is discharged from the screen via a launder channel.
Ladder bars and mesh panels, supported by two sprockets above deck, carry the screening band. Drive is provided by an electric motor through a shaft-mounted worm reduction gear unit.
Underwater, the chain assembly runs in replaceable cast nylon guide sections, located in a self–supporting fabricated frame.
The CF100 band screen incorporates moulded polypropylene mesh panels with round holes.
To prevent solids bypassing the band screen, a neoprene contact seal is utilised.
How we create value
- Reduced maintenance costs and downtime because of increased capture ratio which increases efficiency of treatment plant.
- Supplied as a pre-packaged unit reducing installation costs.
- Robust design and corrosion resistant materials reduces whole life costs.
- Fully automatic operation requiring minimal operator attention reduces running costs
- Available complete with CF100 band screen inlet structure fabricated in stainless steel, reducing civil works requirement to a minimum.
- Single motor design reduces running, ancillary and electrical costs
Key features & benefits
- Supplied as a free standing single unit for ease of installation
- Low pressure jet cleaning prevents blinding and need for brushing or manual cleaning