BUCK BioSlide - Model B1020 230VAC - Compact Sampling Pump
The BUCK BioSlide Model B1020 Sampling Pump is a compact, lightweight 10-20 LPM controlled flow sampling pump for bioaerosol sampling with BUCK Impaction-Gel (also accommodates generic grease slides ). The easy, full-control keypad lets you perform unattended time programmed (1, 2, 5, or 10 minute) samples, perform easy calibrations without tools, or perform manual timed sampling at the touch of a button. A group of status LEDs show the BUCK BioSlide Model B1020 operation at a glance. Both an LED and audible alarm provide confirmation of end-of-sample or depleted battery. The BUCK BioSlide Model B1020 Pump provides a full five hours of continuous operation (at 15 LPM) from its rechargeable NiCad batteries. It comes with a Calibrated Rotameter for quick flow check or calibration and a Standard Charger. An optional FastOne one-hour charger provides the ultimate in power management and time savings.
Programmed Sampling for Screening Airborne Aerosols
- Small, lightweight, compact
- Easy to use
- Accepts BUCK Impaction-Gel Slides or generic greased slides
- Battery powered, recharge or operate with Included Charger/Adapter
- Five hour* run time at 15 LPM
- Optional FastOne™Charger (provides full charge in one hour)
- End-of-cycle and Battery Level audible & visual
- Tripod mount for area sampling
*Depends on battery maintenance, backpressure, etc.
The BUCK BioSlide pump, Model B1020, provides a selectable, continuous, constant sample flowrate and is simple to operate. No tools are requried. Its quiet operation allows unobtrusive sampling in IAQ, medical, clean room, public and residential building applications.
The front key pad is organized into three functional key groups: Power (ON-OFF), Timing (1, 2, 5, 10 minute samples), and Calibration (Cal mode, Increase flow, Decrease flow). Positive tactile feedback is provided by the keys. The BUCK BioSlide Pump has internal NiCad batteries to provide a full five hours continuous run time at 15 LPM. The standard charger provides a battery recharge in 12-16 hours and allows the unit to operate on AC power; the optional FastOne Charger provides a battery recharge in one hour.
End of sample notice is provided by the lit LED “Complete” and three short beeps.
Before sampling, ensure the battery is fully charged and that the “Low Battery” LED is not on. For greatest accuracy, the pump should be calibrated once a day.
- Place pump in desired location.
- Immediately before sampling, open a Buck BioSlide and log the serial number on a work sheet.
- Open the pump slide door and place the microscope slide (with impact gel up) down into the recessed slot in the bottom of the pump. Close the top and check to assure the top is closed tighley.
- Push the “ON” button to power up the Buck BioSlide Pump and either: (a) continue to hold the “ON” button for four seconds to put pump in “Continuous” mode, or (b) push one of the programmed time keys (1, 2, 5, or 10 minutes) for an automatic timed sample.
- At the end of programmed sample period, pump will automatically shut off and “Complete” LED will be lit; under “Continuous” mode, push and hold “OFF” button for 2 seconds to shut off pump.
- Open and remove the slide by grasping at end where the serialized number are located.
- Replace in its original box and send to an appropriate laboratory for analysis.
For greatest accuracy, the BioSlide Model B1020 Pump should be calibrated once per day. Calibration is performed with an actual BUCK Gel-Impaction Slide installed. The BUCK BioSlide Model B1020 Pump is a controlled flow device specially designed to accommodate the natural backpressure inherent in Gel-Impaction Slide. It is for use only with microscope slides 1X3 inches in size.
- Place the flowmeter over the inlet of the BioSlide pump. The built in o-ring seal of the rotometer will give a tight connection.
- Push “ON”, then press the “CAL” for 2 seconds to put pump into calibratiion mode. Adjust the flowrate using the ▲ and ▼ keys to set center of rotometer ball to the desired flow rate mark on rotometer. Fine adjustments are possible. Allow pump to stabilize.
- When flowrate is achieved, push “CAL” to accept setting, then turn pump off.
- Verify the flow at anytime with the rotometer by selecting a 1,2,5 or 10 minute timminng routing. Press the OFF key to stop. If the verify flow was accurate entering Cal is not necessary Entering the Cal mode removes the previous setting for a new flow rate.
Calibration of the BUCK BioSlide Model B1020 Pump is fast and easy. The supplied calibration Rotometer assembly fits securely on top of the Gel-Impaction Slide with no leakage, so all your sample airflow goes through the Gel-Impaction Slide. Flow calibration with an actual slide in-line ensures an accurate and repeatable calibration, without substitute restrictors, bubble tubes, or other fittings.
- Flowrate: 10—20 LPM constant flow
- Accuracy: ± 5% of set point
- Run Time:
- 10 LPM: 9 hrs,15 LPM: 5 hrs,
- 20 LPM: 3.5 hrs
- 4” H x 6” W x 5¼” D
- (10.2 cm H x 15.2 cm W x 13.3 cm D)
- Weight: 29 oz. (826 g)
- Compatibility: BUCK Gel-Impaction Slide