Calgon Carbon - Model DG 11 and DG 13 - Gold Recovery Granular Activated Carbon
The Calgon Carbon Corporation DG gold recovery carbon family of products are coconut-shell-based granular activated carbons specifically designed for gold recovery operations. DG was developed to be a consistent high performance, high activity gold recovery carbon product line. The activated carbon's ability to achieve high gold loadings and the relative ease with which they can be stripped enables gold processors to obtain the highest possible yields from ores with high silver/gold ratios, carbonaceous ores, and ores containing other metals that complex with cyanide; for example, copper and nickel.
In Carbon in Leach (CIL), Carbon in Pulp (CIP), and Carbon in Column (CIC) circuits, it is essential that the activated carbon employed provides excellent process performance, minimal losses due to attrition, and minimal maintenance problems. Through the years, Calgon Carbon Corporation has continually upgraded its manufacturing processes to ensure that it continues to provide high quality products. Steps have been added to the manufacturing process which have improved the carbon's resistance to abrasion and reduced its tendency to plug retention screens in adsorption tanks. Platelets (flatter granules which are relatively long and wide while not particularly thick) can end up oriented in the fluid in such a manner that they pass through the retention screens. This results in a loss of gold-containing carbon, which directly affects percent recovery and profitability. In order to have a product that has less tendency to plug screens with 'platelets,' DG is also processed through a vee-wire screen and de-dusted.
DG products are manufactured specifically for gold adsorption. As a result, the quality of the carbon is extremely consistent and tailored to gold recovery applications. DG activated carbon can enable the extraction of even trace amounts of gold from every ton of ore, even when processing average or low-grade ores. Calgon Carbon Corporation's expertise in activated carbon application technology is a valuable resource for designing and optimizing your recovery process for transporting, handling, specifying, and regenerating activated carbon.
When DG carbons are utilized, the features shown below provide individual and combined associated benefits for operating plants:
- High Adsorption Rate - Reduces soluble gold losses, adjusts to ore tonnage and grade. DG allows a shorter contact time and a faster processing rate for the same activated carbon bed volume.
- Tight Undersize and Screen Distribution Specification - Very low carbon fines and, therefore minimized gold losses due to undersized carbon particles escaping from the circuit.
- High Hardness Specifications - Lower carbon losses and, therefore, lower gold losses.
- Easily Regenerated - Low operating cost, low carbon makeup, capability to return product to near virgin activity.
- Coconut-Shell-Based Material - High resistance to fracture due to structural stability inherited from the shells.
- Low Concentration Adsorption - The ability to achieve high gold loadings from pulps/solutions containing extremely low concentrations of gold.
- De-Dusted - This extra manufacturing step results in lower carbon losses in the circuit.
- Easy to Strip - Because DG does not hold the gold complex too strongly, lower soluble tail losses and the maximum efficiency through each stage of the recovery process can be observed.
- Uniform Gold Capacity - Consistent performance means that the circuit parameters don't need to be adjusted as often.
- Bulk Bags or Super Sacks - Easy to handle and store, even outdoors.