Cofra - Cofra Roller Compaction System
The Cofra Roller Compaction (CRC) method, also referred to as High Energy Impact Compaction (HEIC), is a technique that densifies loose granular materials up to a depth of 2 to 3 meters below the surface by pulling a non-circular roller over the surface of an area.
Most popular related searches
How it works
The compaction of the underground is initiated by vibrations, which lead to the rearrangement of the particles. These vibrations are generated from the impact of a weight onto the surface. The CRC method is in essence a light form of dynamic compaction in which densification is achieved by lifting and dropping a weight from a specified height. The shape of the non-circular drums of the CRC equipment cause in this case the lifting and dropping motion of the drum weight as the equipment travels over the site.
Why it`s used
Compaction is required to mitigate liquefaction risks or improve the bearing capacity and settlement behavior under loading of the underground. The roller compaction is, due to it’s shallow application, mainly used to improve the bearing and settlement characteristics of the top layers.
Applying CRC will result in the following effects:
- Soil densification due to vibration and particles re‐organization
- Friction angle increase
- Stiffness increase
- Bearing capacity increase (Modified dry densities of 95% and 98% MDD can be reached with the system)
- Liquefaction mitigation
- Limitation of settlement when applying load
Cofra roller compaction is used in the following markets:
- Infrastructure: The roller is for example used for the compaction of embankments for roads, railways, runways and aprons for airports and port areas
- Dredging and land reclamation: CRC is often used to compact the top layer of the reclamation up to specification
- Mining: CRC can be used to compact roadways for the heavy mining trucks or to allow for higher production in the filling of spoils.
- Construction: Cofra Roller compaction is used in the construction to compact terrains but also to investigate the areas for weak spots that need treatment
- Liquefaction mitigation: CRC is used for liquefaction mitigation in areas where loose saturated granular soil occurs near the surface
No reviews were found for Cofra - Cofra Roller Compaction System. Be the first to review!